PDA

View Full Version : wireless power transfer

bug-er
January 26th 2005, 16:05
Hey
I know this is gonna sound a bit weird and maybe its not possible, but is there some way of passing power from one place to another without using wires? sort of a wireless power transfer thing.
In this age of modern technology there has gotta be something??

justdubbin
January 26th 2005, 17:01
When you say wireless, do you mean metal ? if so then there is always fibre optics.
If you mean wireless as in no physical contact between two points, then I would imagine you are stretching the boundries of technology available to joe public....... if you worked for NASA or something similar then maybe.

What have you got planned anyway?

bug-er
January 26th 2005, 17:19
When you say wireless, do you mean metal ? if so then there is always fibre optics.
If you mean wireless as in no physical contact between two points, then I would imagine you are stretching the boundries of technology available to joe public....... if you worked for NASA or something similar then maybe.

What have you got planned anyway?

I thought i might be, think i found a niche in the market!!! now if i can just design a product i could be rich!!! (sorry doing exams at the moment, it kinda affects me!!
I want to tranfer a signal through a piece of steel without cutting a hole in it!

super vw
January 26th 2005, 23:08
Ya know, i was thinking about that exact question when i was a wee little kid.
Still dont know if thats possible

Doogie S
January 28th 2005, 02:25
Why do I have visions of the old Frankenstein movies with the two balls and a large lightning bolt between them?? :shrug:

Sure would look cool at the car shows or cruising at night. :righton:

Doug

Supa Ninja
January 28th 2005, 19:40
I was watching a special on I think the Discovery channel about Lightning and the Tesla Coil was designed exactly for transfering electricity from one point to another. It turned out that power lines were more practical.

Uber Affe
February 19th 2005, 01:30
Magnets.

No.

The power of crystals!

no.

Magic JuJu beans?

uhm.

Unicorn horns!

ack...

Telepathic monkeys with thermo-nuclear powered brain enhancing neuro helmets!

ya...ya that's it,,,

just need a patent now!