PDA

View Full Version : Looking for parts...

BWE
January 26th 2005, 16:32
Hey guys!
Anyone have an old tranny case/bell housing that would be alright for building a engine test stand. Or anyone have an engine test stand that they are willing to lend me for a couple of months? If I can get the parts together, I'll build something and when I'm done with it it'll be up for the next builder...Sandeep?? ;)
Thanks,
Dave

ps: anyone going to Speedorama this weekend?

Rob
January 26th 2005, 20:09
Dave,

I do have a universal enginestand. The ones used for V8's.
Not sure if that will help you out, but you are welcome to borrow it.

Rob.

67ghiaTIV
January 26th 2005, 21:39
Dave, I have a stand, but hopefully I will be using it in the next few months. I bought an old stripped tranny from JBS, then welded/bolted angle iron to it so that it would bolt to an "american engine stand". It cost me like $30 to make plus the $60 dollar engine stand. My plan is to be able to test run the engine on the stand.

I just got my Alt. pulley that I will be modifying. If you want to borrow the stand until I need it you are welcome. Hopefully I will be using it before spring. Already missing two summers of my 2056 sucks.

jamie

randyj
January 27th 2005, 15:14
Dave,

I have a bus bell housing that I am planing to use to make an engine test stand but I have not done anything with it yet. You are welcome to barrow it.

Randy

BWE
January 27th 2005, 15:33
Thanks guys,
Rob I'm actually looking for a stand like the one that Jamie is describing, one to test run an engine on. It sounds like I'll just have to build one up. One more thing to store in my shop! :rolleyes: and one more thing to engineer and build!! :D
Thanks again,
See you at the next meeting?
Dave

Rob
January 28th 2005, 08:53
I won't be able to make meetings for a while.
I'm full time on a project in the states, so I'm only home in the weekends.

There is one week in March that I might be home,but that is not sure yet.

Rob.

BWE
January 28th 2005, 18:14
Randyj,
Thanks for the offer, but I think that the shipping to me would be more than the cost of buying my own part :rolleyes: I do appreciate it though!
Cheers,
Dave