PDA

View Full Version : GermanLook.com Meet and Greet???

zen
February 3rd 2005, 14:15
A question out to all. My time is pretty stretched, but I have wanted to do a GermanLook.com Meet and Greet for some time. I am willing to put in the time and effort (and will be asking for help I'm sure) if there would be enough honest interest and follow through.

Here is what I proposed (off the top of my head mostly):
The VKG has the Grosses Wochenende event in mid-June. This event starts with attendance at the Heart of Dixie VW Show which is the only Metro Atlanta VW car show there is. It usually has 80-100 cars in attendance I believe. We head out of there are 1:00 or 2:00 and head up GA400 to the North Georgia Mountains for a drive through some twisties. We then stop in Helen, GA (a sudo-German village in the mountains) around dinner time to gab some food. Then it is off to the local go-cart track (in-door carts that haul a$$, just ask the guys from last year) for some fun. Hotels are abundant in the area. Group pricing arrangements would be made. Sunday breakfast, hang out and maybe shoot the Hooch (which means a 2-mile or so tube ride down the Chattahooche River back into Helen). By mid-day, all to their own.

Again, just one thought off the top of my head. I realize the logistics of this could present some challenges for those that have to fly in. We can figure out ride partners or just abuse the rental car.

NOTE: There may be a German Look oriented surprise that I can arrange. I have made the proposal, but need to firm up the plan. It will be a great motiviator for many to come though. I will update you.

So place a vote as to whether or not you have a serious interest in this. I know it would require major travel for most. So if you will commit to at least a genuine interest, I will commit to the arrangements. If you have an interest in assisting in arrangements (which are honestly pretty minimal), let me know. I will post a separate thread for attendance commitments if/when appropiate. So this vote is only for interest.

Interest voting will need to be closed by early March to make arrangements in time. So limited time to vote.

vujade
February 3rd 2005, 14:35
You got my vote Zen!!! :agree:

Just make sure it isnt around the Classic in Cali, cause alot
of people may go to that (including me) :D

btw, You can let everyone know that there will be magazine
coverage if we have a meet n greet :laugh:

zen
February 3rd 2005, 14:51
You got my vote Zen!!! :agree:

well, you forgot to vote. :D

coverage? i'm thinking sponsorship. :D that's a joke...partially. you know i will be giving Chris a call regarding sponsorship if we do go forward with this.

so when is the Classic? we need to get the non-SE events in the US up on our calendar. i'll have it on my to-do list if others can post them to the calendar as they see dates. i do not want to have date collisions with other events. if we do this over the Heart of Dixie weekend though, we end up bound to whatever date they have the show. just heard John isn't doing it this year. vertsoup is. i will get with him. Taccoa may be a good option too to tag the Meet and Greet onto.

Supa Ninja
February 3rd 2005, 15:33
Hey I'm down, sounds like fun. Here is Supa Ninja's schedule of show's that I'm more then likely gunna hit up.

Apr 22-25 West Coast Classic (Worlds largest 914 gathering, plus I'm gunna try my hardest to get my 914 on Willow Springs Raceway, and it's in my neck of the woods too :D ) http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=20245

May 29th Bug-O-Rama 55 (nuh said it's the shizzle) www.bugorama.com

Jun 12th VW Classic (Hell ya!)

Oct 2nd Las Vegas Bug-In (Viva Las Vegas!)

SNN

vujade
February 3rd 2005, 19:34
maybe we should tag if with Toccoa. thata good show... :confused:

zen
February 3rd 2005, 19:43
maybe we should tag if with Toccoa. thata good show... :confused:

how's that bottle of whiskey? :drunk: :D

would be better in some respects and not others. i think it is a strong contender though depending on timing of the Classic and Heart of Dixie. if we go with Taccoa though, there is no way i can pull of the little surprise i am working on though. i should know something on HoD soon.

Superman
February 3rd 2005, 23:32
I voted no, but only because there isn't a 'maybe' choice, because honestly it would all depend on my time and money situation.

petevw
February 4th 2005, 07:37
sounds great.

I'll make time.

I voted no, but only because there isn't a 'maybe' choice, because honestly it would all depend on my time and money situation.

interested?

So this vote is only for interest.

NO_H2O
February 4th 2005, 09:11
I'm in. :agree:

8v fury
February 5th 2005, 23:31
Can't make it, due to money and time. If it was in California, I could make it.

Mikey
February 6th 2005, 01:03
I wish had my Ghia done by then, but I'm all about the meet and greet. :cool:

BWE
February 6th 2005, 11:42
I'd certainly like to come and will try to make time, now whether or not my car will make it?? :rolleyes:
Cheers,
Dave

Panelfantastic
February 6th 2005, 20:58
It's a little early in the year for me to commit but I am interested... once you firm up plans, I will start working towards being there.

Lazarus
February 7th 2005, 01:08
count me in i plan to make my cars debut at the north vs south in darlington then its open from there for me. i am trying to infect some of the hot rod crowd around the spartanburg/greenville area as some of those shops have done work on my car, so that sounds like a great idea

Wally
February 7th 2005, 04:01
I realize the logistics of this could present some challenges for those that have to fly in.
I'll say!
:laugh:
Pity tho...

Have fun you all.
Regards,
Walter

boblebaard
February 7th 2005, 04:24
I surely have the time, so if someone donates a plane ticket and a couple of days in a hotel..... ;)

:eek: sorry guys, but I think I have to vote no...

NO_H2O
February 7th 2005, 07:46
count me in i plan to make my cars debut at the north vs south in darlington then its open from there for me.
That was my cars first show 2 years ago.

zen
February 11th 2005, 21:02
interest seems pretty light thus far. bumping this in the "new posts" to make sure all see it. if you are seriously interested, make it known or we may not have it.

NO_H2O
February 11th 2005, 21:36
I can do some airport pick up if anyone wants to fly in.

petevw
February 11th 2005, 22:56
if it happens i'm in. BAG field trip?

boygenius
February 20th 2005, 12:15
I might be able to go but I have been realy busy lately.

oasis
February 21st 2005, 09:40
Mid-June? If it's June 11-12, I am 85% sure I can go. If it's June 18-19, I am 85% sure I cannot go. ("No vote" as neither describes me.)

vujade
February 21st 2005, 11:04
June 13th is the classic and thats where I will be,,, so make it another
date and Ill be there :D

Speed Dreamer
March 2nd 2005, 00:12
I'm in. :agree:

zen
March 31st 2005, 13:13
well. slight change of plans. i am working with Vujade on some of the details still and will post them in another thread so i can get a poll on who will commit to come, but looks like we will have a pretty exciting combined event planned. this approach will make it VERY hard not to come to it. more to follow.

zen
April 8th 2005, 08:07
Plans are getting finalized. All new information on this subject will be posted at: http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=5814