PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about MBT

NYBugman1972
October 21st 2002, 15:47
Who here knows a bunch about MBT Engineering? Specifically, what do they offer for the front of a 1302? Just curious. Yes, I went to their site, but i'd like some extra info.

Thanks in advance.

Alex
October 21st 2002, 19:06
All I know about MBT is that they offer a wide range of brake kits and parts for them and that they have a contact in the USA.
You best bet is the website and Fritz ???? who is the US MBT contact. His email address should be in an earlier thread. Do a search on MBT.

Alex

greenterbo
October 22nd 2002, 11:36
I was thinking of converting to the 944 front discs but knew I would have to change my front suspension to that of a 1303. I have a 1302. I have heard that Kersher makes a ball joint to fit this application but not sure how to contact them. Maybe CSP can get them? I am going with the vented kit up front from CSP and 944s in the rear for now. Another alternative I was hoping to use was a kit from Competition Engineering ( http://www.ce-vw.com/ ) here in AZ. It looked real promising big rotors and GM calipers. I have seen the set up but they ran into problems with the shop that was doing the machining work for them, and it may be scrapped. They had qouted me a price of $1000.00 for the set up including brake lines.

SuperRSi
October 22nd 2002, 18:26
I talked to Chris on-line yesterday (AOL IM) and he said after he gets my front brake kit, that was paid for in Feb., he is done dealing with Uwe (MBT). They are all in other businesses and it seems even their representative has difficulty dealing with them. If MBT was as nice as Chris I could recommend dealing with them...

Thanks,

Randy