PDA

View Full Version : headlight switch

zen
February 25th 2005, 09:42
for those not using a stock headlight switch, i would like to see some pics and get info on what you are using. through bad planning mine is under my dash (that was the good planning) and nestled in between and behind two VDO gauges (the bad planning since i didn't expect to have under the dash gauges). there just isn't enough room to have the knob on the shaft. i need to switch to a toggle or something.

interested in info on:

style
make
source
wiring converstion from stock

Kafer_Mike
February 25th 2005, 16:20
Checkout the rocker switch kits from Watson Street Works (http://www.watsons-streetworks.com/switches.html). I'll be running a carbon fiber dash cover and an aftermarket fuse block, so I'm planning to fab a panel with a couple of the mini rockers for my lights and hazards that will fit in the old fuse box cutout under the dash.

BWE
February 26th 2005, 20:41
Zen,
I'm running Watson's mini rockers for most of my electrical... except the headlight switch :rolleyes:
I kept the original since I wanted to keep the dimmer for the gauge lights, and didn't feel like figuring out how to make the other work... If you don't care it is easy enough to wire them up to a 30A relay (or one each side if you're running H4 or bigger lamps) and use any switch you want.
Cheers,
Dave

zen
February 27th 2005, 11:04
thanks. mine was the same approach of i just don't want to have to figure out any wiring changes, but that is me being lazy.

thanks for the info.