PDA

View Full Version : Question for JJ...

DORIGTT
August 1st 2002, 19:38
What would you need to make specialized components?

I'd like to send you my Ghia bumpers which I've joined the three pieces into one and smoothed over. I'd like to have carbon fiber bumpers and brackets made. I'd also order door panels front and rear from you if you could get me pricing on them.

I can send you a template of the headliner to have it made as well.

What about things like my hood (which the Ghia has the smallest in the world of ACVW's) and decklid?

I could send these to you for production of a one-off for my show piece.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin J Hale

Carbon Joe
August 2nd 2002, 09:39
I would need the original part that you would want in carbon (bumpers, hood, decklid) the cost of a set of C/F door panels for a Ghia is $240.00 plus S/H. I can't quote you a cost on the other parts just yet, I have to calculate time, materials and tooling first. Also what year is your Ghia?

DORIGTT
August 2nd 2002, 10:22
It's a 1970 US Spec Karmann Ghia Coupe that's in need of some extremely cool carbon fiber goodies that'll reduce weight and just be plain bad-booty (no swearing today due to a bet with my wife).

Thanks,

Kevin J Hale

jasonb
August 4th 2002, 19:29
Originally posted by DORIGTT

What would you need to make specialized components?
Kevin J Hale

I'm thinking that the most important thing that he needs is a bunch more people interested in buying the parts to offset the cost of tooling. I'm very interested in interior parts: dashtop, dashface, sill caps, package tray, etc.

We need to find a way to get the autocrossers, dragracers and Eurostyle guys on board so that it's more cost effective for JJ to make these parts for us.

homer
August 6th 2002, 09:55
Definitely agree, Jason!

I've called around some long time fiberglass vendors, and there isn't yet enough demand for fiberglass Ghia hoods and deck lids, for example.

We need to keep weighing in that we would buy them if they are built.

Jeff
'71 Ghia autoxr