PDA

View Full Version : from a land down under...

bren
October 24th 2002, 12:07
http://www.clubvw.org.au/images/2002_632.jpg

vujade
October 24th 2002, 12:10
pretty sweeeet Bren....me likes

trevorbrady
October 24th 2002, 12:34
are those BMW style side skirts or just an odd reflection? I'm not too keen on the flat bonnet or the big bulge on top of it, is it front engined? Why else would he need a bonnet like that?
Mind you, there is a NACA duct in the side window....
Hmmmmm.... :)

NYBugman1972
October 24th 2002, 14:48
Yeah. What's the deal with the hood? Oh, Trevor, I think those ARE M3 style skirts. They look pretty good.

Flintstones
October 25th 2002, 00:22
That car was at the VeeDub Nats here in OZ, I think that they are just aftermarket side skirts, and if memory serves me well it had a H2O engine...
Cheers

ricola
October 25th 2002, 03:28
I think I saw a picture of the rear end of that car that Jak sent me, he said that it was about to be converted to use a Subaru turbo engine...
Rich

jakriz
October 26th 2002, 03:26
Yeh thats right Rich, its got a subaru motor (WRX) in the back. The whole car is awesome (except for that bonnet) I didn't get a chance to speak to the guy but he did start it up while I was at the show & it sounded awesome!!!! Can't wait to see it on the track. It originally had a 2.9L type 4 engine but the plans were changed. Its been in the building stage for at least 7 years that I know of so it is good to see it finished.
regards
Jak