PDA

View Full Version : Berg Locking Shifter..

Troy_Audio
April 19th 2005, 23:37
Hey
Was looking into a Berg Locking Shifter
Anyone use it?
$380 or so..
What do you guys think?
http://thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/675205.jpg

rip
April 20th 2005, 02:02
i have one, but that one has different keys, I bought mine personally from them, id call berg and see if they'd swaped who makes there keys and locks, cause those don't look right.

rip

Scotts73SB
April 20th 2005, 15:53
Hey Troy -
Theres a group buy thing going on on the SBO site (superbeetlesonly.com) and they are giving discounts on Berg shifters. You dont have to be a member to get this group buy. Theres a thread on it over there if you do a search just pm the guy whos running the group buy to get in on it. I think they need a few more people to qualify for the buy so anyone whos interested. ... let em know.
- Scott

Bill K.
April 21st 2005, 11:58
I love my GB shifter. Smooth, solid shifts make driving a lot of fun. Get a new shift rod bushing and shift coupler to do it right. The locker is a good insurance policy for the money. Very well built. Call them to discuss the right shaft config for your car, seat, and body size.

Troy_Audio
April 21st 2005, 18:15
Well i just got my car on the road & was having truble with shifting..
So much slop it was driving me crazy..
I got the new Cupler & bushings..
Just trying to get my B-Day a few mo's early..lol
Yes I think The GB Locking Shifter is Mine..lol
Peace I think I will pay the xtra$$ to get the 60% less thrOw
Thanks Troy

effvee
August 11th 2005, 01:08
Hi, I have one really well built no slop in movement. I have a earlier one I have not installed yet but in my hand, its very well built. If you buy one please don't loose eith of the keys, the Bergs won't make a spare you will need to send the hole thing in for a total rekey. They say its to stops duplicating for theft.