PDA

View Full Version : Memo Imports taillights

Rainman
April 20th 2005, 01:57
Anyone have any experience with memo imports´ "Bug and Super Beetle 73 + Sport Style Tail lights"? I´ve heard rumors that the chrome on some altezza style lights crack due to temperature changes. Where I live temperatures change from -40 in the summer to +30 degrees celsius in wintertime. I´m planning to use my beetle as a daily driver and I don´t want to see the lights fade away.

bug-er
April 20th 2005, 10:52
been after a set of the altezza lights for ages, sent numerous emails but got no reply, dont they want any business????

Rainman
April 20th 2005, 15:51
Yeah I´ve heard different opinions about their service, some say they´re good, some don´t. Dunno. I´ve seen many cars here on germanlook.com with parts from memoimports and there´s even a tech article with turn signals from memo. Somebody must have experiences with their stuff?

zen
April 20th 2005, 16:21
i had fine dealings with them, but that was a couple of years ago. i have heard reports on spotty communications, but i don't think this is a main line of business. i believe it is a side job. specualation in some areas, but trying to shed some light.

Bill K.
April 21st 2005, 11:48
I've had good service from Memo. email info@memoimports.com with "attn James / GermanLook" in the topic for best results. He may be traveling or otherwise occupied. James has been very helpful with my project. They carry good aftermarket parts. They carry lenses that are made of UV resistant acrylic instead of the cheapo stuff that will fade in a couple months. You're not going to get German quality parts, but they aren't junk either. If you like the look, go for it, but be ready for some tweaking and I wouldn't expect that they will last as long or look as good as a new set of Hella lenses. They often get new styles of lights that aren't on the web site, so an email request for other options may get you some other options. They have direct connections with the factory and drive vw's so it's as good as your going to get for aftermarket lights. :agree: