PDA

View Full Version : Wheel qu: porsche to 1303, width prob's

neil76
October 28th 2002, 10:35
Hi all,

This looks like a great site, loads of info etc.. hope to drop in often :)

My first post is going to be a plea for help (sorry!)

I am thinking of fitting porsche 15"x6" wheels (teledials) on my 1303 cab. It is a LHD italian import to the UK and is currently lowered on dropped spindles AND lowering srpings and so is very low. The rear is also wound down. The suspension setup is going to change soon to front coilovers and custom rear spring plates with coils too which will mean it is easier to get it to sit right but I am worried about the width of the wheel, especially on the front.

I will be using adaptors to do this but before I purchase wheels,tyres etc... has anyone else fitted similar to a 1303 (cab or saloon)? what tyres did you use? how much room did you have on the front?

I guess it is a question of offset and space under the arches, so what should I be looking for.

Cheers,
Neil.

P.S here's a pic (the wheels are a start of a change of look)

http://www.member.newbeetle.org.uk/gallery/attach/1.front.jpg

Phat73VW
October 29th 2002, 07:55
Well i have as 1303 as well and i fit my 17x7 wheels with a +40 offset and 5 1/2 inch back spacing with ease with CSP 4x100 disc in front and TOPLINE MAX struts. tires up fornt are 205/40/17 and rears are 235/45/17. all under stock arches and no spacers used. i have the wheels well under the arches and they dont even rub the fender at all. only the inner wheel well at a full turn rubs ever so slightly. i couldnt have asked for a better fitment. now if you plan to run a wheel thats 15x6 i would suggest just getting the drums and rotors drilled in the Porcshe bolt pattern and save yourself the half an inch or more you'd be pushing your wheels out due to the adapters. now i dont know if your car has disc in the front but i am assuming since its from europe it might have them. if you dont already have them id upgrade to disc like i did and you wont regret it. so yes the wheels you want to run should fit with ease just get the smaller diameter struts, drilled drums or rotors up front and rear from either CSP or MACHINE 7 they all have the things you'd need to pull it off. hope that helps.

neil76
October 29th 2002, 10:02
Thanks for the reply :)

I have since learnt that there are numerous sizes for the teldials. Basically I am looking at a 15x6 with a 52mm offset and 15x7 with 52 or 23 mm offset.

If I go down this route I will go for the 15x6" rims all round and drill the current hubs. Does anyone know if I need adaptors aswell?

Neil.
P.S Nice car, I am thinking of a similar rear seat mod ;)

typ4boy
November 13th 2002, 13:48
check out my o3 on www.laperformance.co.uk its got stock wings and 7x16 993 cups, we manufacture our own slimeline struts for this purpose £350 a pair includs 2" lowered strut fully adjustable , fully adjustable shock and slim spring, must be 74 on car ie 2 bolt fixing, regards Lee L.A.P