PDA

View Full Version : Question about proportioning valves

greenterbo
October 28th 2002, 12:04
With a stock VW M/C on a 1302 with Kersher front discs and Porsche 944 discs in the rear, do you think I will need a proportioning valve? What valve would you recommend? I have read in the past some folks have used them but don't recall from what vehicle they get them?

TitoRay
October 28th 2002, 14:27
I am not sure but I think it depends on the difference in wheel and/or tire size. If you have an extreme difference then you might need one. When I ordered my disc's from Topline, John said I would only need one if I was running really small "cal-look" tires up front. That is only a guess, though.

zydeco
October 28th 2002, 15:34
Hey Greenterbo -
I saw you are using the Kerscher vented disc kit, I guess you got the bearing issues resolved! Do you mind shooting me an email (zydeco@mac.com)? I'm having problems getting mine to fit and I have a 1302 as well.

Thanks
Brian

chigger
November 26th 2002, 03:15
A proportioning valve is used to adj front to rear brake bias. It all depends on you driving style. I like the rear to lock a little before the front. Just my style.

Jim Andritsakos
November 26th 2002, 06:17
How about a adjustable proportioning valve ?
I was using AP lever and screw type valves and I am very happy with the results.Also Wilwood sells some but no experience with them.The srew cap valve has infinite adjustment but is possible to loose track.The lever type has a range of 7 positions.

Rgds,