PDA

View Full Version : Rear 944 ebrake parts

flat
May 23rd 2005, 17:48
I've finally got the 944 'swan' peice ready to market. CAD designed and laser cut for accuracy, the piece will allow you to use your stock beetle ebrake cables with the 944 ebrake assembly. You don't need custom cables or have to boggle the mind with length calculations for the other guys' crimp on connectors.

Simple, easy and bolt on. Tubular spacers are also included so that the end of your beetle cable will 'marry' up to the stock 944 ebrake tube (the tubular peice that plugs into the ebrake backing plate).

Pics will be up in the next couple days.

2 swans and 2 tubular space are retailing for an introductory price of $C40 till June 17th/05. Regular price will then be $C50.
Lanner

flat
May 23rd 2005, 20:38
Link:
http://www.vdubcustoms.com/Wedo/pbrakes.htm

and pics:

zen
May 24th 2005, 16:58
sweet. wish that was around a year ago. :D

randyj
May 24th 2005, 17:23
Lanner,

You state "This kit included everything you need to adapt 83-85.5 944 emergency brake assembly to your stock beetle handbrake cable."

What about 86 and on 944T emergency brake assembly? Is there any difference?

Thanks,
Randy

super vw
May 25th 2005, 23:54
Looks good, now i can point people your way for those parts instead of telling them to make their own. I made my own about a year ago to... they look identical to those, and they work great.

flat
May 27th 2005, 21:18
Randyj,

These parts will work with the early 944 backing plates on either 944 steel or VW steel IRS arms (with beetle cables).

If you have the aluminum arms then you only need the swan pieces. You can slightly file the end of your beetle ebrake cable end to fit snugly into the 944 alum arm (Alternatively, you could open up the arm to fit the cable). I can sell just the 'swans' for $C30/pair till June 17th, then $C40/pair.

Supervw,
Thanks for the kind words.

Lanner