PDA

View Full Version : Bumper upgrade..for 78 vert

LOAF
October 30th 2002, 10:05
I would like to change my factory bumpers on my 78 convertible.. I have read some threads on using i think UK or Mex bumper brackets which would facilitate the use of bumpers from the earlier 70's with turn signals built-in.. I ultimately would like to put euro blades on my super vert.. Is this possible with original bumber mounts.. The super utilizes two bolts, one on each side of the bumper to mount.. If I redrilled the holes on the euroblade to match the stock location would this work.. I would also cover up old holes, and deal with any flaking by getting rechromed if I had to.. If not are there any other alternatives for my 78 super-vertible, such as other brackets or anything..
Any info is appreciated, since I am relatively new to vw.:confused:

vujade
October 30th 2002, 10:56
for more info on his subject, check out SuperBeetleOnly! (http://www.superbeetlesonly.com)

LOAF
November 6th 2002, 00:14
Looked at superbeetle.com and mexibeetle web page and still unclear.. If I went with the mexibeetle bumpers with their respective mexibeetle mounts..will this be a direct bolt on.. What about the rubber grommet that goes on the fender..
I was also repondering if I used a euro blade on my supervert 78 and redrilled holes to match euroblade will this work???
alex "loaf"