PDA

View Full Version : VW CLASSIC Weekend '05

flat
June 15th 2005, 22:39
I just got back from the Vw Classic weekend in SoCal. It was crazy! If you're into the VW's, this is the place for you. Some of the pics are below:

flat
June 15th 2005, 22:41
This Ghia is tough

flat
June 15th 2005, 22:42
I've got a video of the yellow/green bug doing donuts on Orangthrope Ave 's infront of Nicks. That thing was running a turbo T1 motor and had 19" rims around. Crazy. I'm going to edit out the junk and put together a Classic Weekend 05 DVD.

flat
June 15th 2005, 22:46
More tough cars

flat
June 15th 2005, 22:47
Finally, one pic of my ugly mug at Boyd Coddingtons garage.

zen
June 16th 2005, 08:34
thanks for the pics. glad you had a good time. looks like there was some great sights (including the "roundback caught in the one shot of the bug). :D

vujade
June 16th 2005, 08:40
awesome shots...really wish I couldve made it out there this year... :(

flat
June 16th 2005, 14:19
Zen,

Yeah, that is definately some fine eyecandy, and the car is alright too. SoCal beauties everywhere; girls and cars.

Lanner

Rob
June 16th 2005, 21:12
Lanner,

Very cool, thanks for the pics.

I'm surprised you can just walk into Boyds shop like that, must be cool to
see it in real life.

Rob.

flat
June 22nd 2005, 23:00
Rob,

Yeah, everyone is really cool. We just walked into Boyds on a Friday and turned on the Canadian charm, eh. :). They have tours on Saturday but the OCTO was out first priority. With a little persuation they were more than happy to give us a tour. We saw Dwayne and Raphael in action. It's bigger than it looks like on tv, they probably have a full city block.

We also went to Foose design where Chip's wife gave us a tour. She's easy on the eyes. :eek: Charlie was there and stopped and talked with us for a couple minutes. We also saw 'Beetle bailey" working away.

There was another place we went to that did hot rods, they shoot Overhaulin there sometimes. The name escapes me, but they had a ton of cars.

We then headed to FAT performance where they were also more than happy to give us a tour. As we walked around, one of the guys working on the milling machine stopped his work and talked sh!t with us for 15mins. It's crazy, people move to a different beat down there. Fleming was putting together a big T4 in the engine room, but he still took some time to great the northerners. We saw the famous dyno; Imagine how many motors have been on that thing!

Saturday morning at breakfast we felt a 5.6 'quake. Kinda weird.

We took the full Berg tour, and that place is huge. Two big buildings with tons of equipment. Those shifters are selling like hotcakes.

We went to west coast chopper, but it was a bit of a letdown. They have a showroom with some threads and bikes on display, but the workshop if taped off. Nothing much to see there.

At the airport on the way back, we saw the guy from "pimp my ride". I forget his name, but he's the shop supervisor who organises the builds.

In all, it was good. The people are really friendly and let you check out everything. I'm definately going next year.

Troy_Audio
June 25th 2005, 12:13
Eh..
Did you happin to stop by the CSP Booth?
Heard they got a "Berg Style Shifter" commin out in like 2mo or so..
Anyone see it?
Thanks For The PIX...
Peace Troy