PDA

View Full Version : Ok so the brake lights work..but not the right rear tail...

Phat73VW
July 1st 2005, 06:41
I thought my brake lights werent working but appearently i was just not i my right mind last night after being overwhelmed that the car was actually home i must have not had the key turned to on position when checking brake lights :p . whatever but all i know is that now i still cant figure out why my right side taillight wont work. left side all works, right side blinker works, the reverse light works and the brake light works all on that side but i just cant get the taillight to come on. fuses are good, bulbs are good and i checked all possible connections.. i cant source it.. anyone know why or what i may have over looked please let me know. i dont want to get harrassed by the cops over this minor thing. thanks in advance.

Speed Dreamer
July 1st 2005, 17:11
Hey!! I currently have that exact same problem. I think I atleast have a little idea of what caused it. My light went out when my I.C.E. power wire grounded and shorted out. After replacing the necessary fuses my parking light does not work on the rear passenger side. But all the other lights do work. Any suggestions?

LLVWGL
July 3rd 2005, 05:28
I know a guy with those tail lights on his car and his tail lights are intermittent also. he just whacks them and the come back on. are all the connections good? is there power to the socket?

Uber Affe
July 3rd 2005, 22:00
scrath up the end of the bulbs on the asphalt or with an emory board.
Sometimes they get dingy (even if they don't look it) and the connection wont pass to the bulb. I gotta do it every onc e in a ehile and its usually the first thing I check now. Could be yer actuator is on the fritz too?
Check the bulbs...not the fillament...just the metal thinga majig oon the end of it...
Ya never know.

Phat73VW
July 4th 2005, 04:36
i tested the wire leading to the bulb and there is no power going to it. but correct me if i am wrong isn't the passenger side tailight piggy backing the left side houseing? thats why there is a little connector piece on the left side of the engine compartment that runs to the right side housing? so if the left side is on why isnt the right side if its running off the same connection? all i can think of its losing power from the connector to the housing...arggh any suggestions?