PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the oddest sub enclosure ever

Turbonutta
July 5th 2005, 10:59
I didnt have room for the "run of the mill" sub box covered in blk carpet so i created this......Its based around 5meters of 6mm bar and some bendy MDF and Normal MDF Lots of epoxy resin and an old Fleece jacket
The first shot shows the sub,grill and partly made enclosure
The second shows the port being positioned........................................ ........................................... :)

Dasdubber
July 6th 2005, 02:33
Thats cool for something different! Good stuff.

It would be hard to calculate the internal volume until it is done I guess - then you could always fill it up with those tiny little foam balls or something to measure it - then adjust to suit the sub you're running.

Or just hook it up and crank it as is :p

:agree:

Turbonutta
July 7th 2005, 04:34
Hi there, the finished size will be as close to .75 cubic ft as i can get..to keep the sub happy i will post a finished picture soon..

tom'72
July 7th 2005, 06:55
that's going to look great. Are you going to cover everything in fiberglass and then paint it?

Turbonutta
July 7th 2005, 11:21
Yes after much deliberation i have decided to paint it body colour, all the speakers im using are the POLK MOMO units they have fantastic grilles.
This picture shows it a little more along the way.
Fibre glass is great fun to work with dont be scared of it have a go ;)

MattKab
August 1st 2005, 18:15
Looks bonkerz 'nutta, as ever! Keep up the good work fella :)

A 'box' of any size just wouldn't look right, I can't wait much longer to see this Beetle..

Matt

Lazarus
August 2nd 2005, 15:58
looks like that thing they blow on the riccola commercials,or the thing at thanksgiving with all the fruit.i think its called a cornacopia??? or one of those things old people used to hear back in ye oldern days.still pretty cool though . i ve been wanting to do something sound related but im outa room.my nitrous bottle is in the way. :laugh:

ECBug
August 2nd 2005, 19:11
:agree: Thats pretty sick man. Post more pics ASAP I want to see how you mount it and the position.

Turbonutta
August 4th 2005, 11:24
Hello thanks for you kind words about my jalopy matt, :D
Laz its not to help with hearing you smoke it!!!see picture.(er i couldnt resize it it was still to big so i havnt posted the "smokin the sub box pic")
Ecbug there are more pics on the way only trouble is im pretty useless at getting macromedia to resize my photos.

My rear door cards are made in a sim way using mdf ring and fleece then loads of epoxy i will find a picture of that to.i have also modded my 5 inch tft screen that will display playstation,front and rear cameras.
IT sits behind the front seats on the backbone of the floorpan so the subs going to make any occupants deaf,i have stuck on a few pics of my phone as i dont have to resize them

T. nuttttaaaaaa

Lazarus
August 4th 2005, 12:11
nutta that looks really nice in the car , very innovative, also good use of space. you took lemons and made lemonade . my wife saw it and the first thing she said is it looks like a bong. maybe i should start to worry about her when i get the time. :rolleyes:

Turbonutta
August 5th 2005, 11:28
ah hah think i cracked the resize issue. :laugh: ................................er no i didnt :confused:
i will post a picture soon............Laz thanks for that youve given me the feel good factor...i thought people would laugh at it!!!!

Turbonutta
August 15th 2005, 06:32
At last a picture sorry for the delay, this shows the sub in position.
Hhmm i will be deaf........

Turbonutta
January 12th 2006, 11:45
Just got another photo of the cameraphone it shows the sub enclosure in position..its nearly comlete just a carbon fibre trim to fit and paint the whole thing in body colour oh and test to destruction.... :rolleyes:

Rob
January 12th 2006, 13:15
What are all the tubes that are running through the cabin (I don't mean the cage) ?

Anyway, looking good !

Rob.

Turbonutta
January 13th 2006, 06:36
Ah those tubes....i had to look at the other pics to work out what ones you meant, the small blue ones take the water to and from the charge cooler.the large air hose comes of a nascar style window vent feeding an aftermarket 996 air filter that feeds through the bulkhead to the turbo..

Thanks for your interest Rob

thelazerviking
January 19th 2006, 00:39
dear lord, that's not going to drive you crazy being 4 inches from your head.. props though, and i really like the rear panel box thing