PDA

View Full Version : kafer brace

rip
July 15th 2005, 16:49
lanner,

i was wondering hows that kafer brace going?

rip

flat
July 17th 2005, 15:56
Almost there.

Basically, it'll be weld-in like the CSP one. I can't make it bolt on without compromising strength or going crazy on the design (ie, will cost alot).

I'm using brushed stainless tubes, with aluminum ends. Roughly speaking, the 3 bar will be $C280, and the 5 bar will be about $C380.

I'll post some pics when it's ready to market.

(The front Superbeetle 'x brace will use the same components, stainless tubes with alum ends...also coming soon.)

Lanner

petevw
July 17th 2005, 20:05
Hey Lanner,

check this out:

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=90861

Mikey
July 17th 2005, 22:10
Lanner, think they'll be ready in two weeks? ;) I'll be up that way again. I could stop by and pick one up. Save you time on shipping. :cool: I'm interested in a 3-bar brace.

I'd like to come by and check out the shop or something. I should be in Hamilton for about a week or a week and a half. Havn't decided yet. :rolleyes: I'll be spending time with my girlfriend, but I could talk her into going to your shop. I've got her hooked on Vw's now. :laugh:

flat
July 23rd 2005, 19:54
Mikey,

I'll give it a shot but the odds aren't good. I'm packed for the next little while.

As for coming by the shop, there's nothing much to look at. I work out of my home garage and do the dirty work (ie machining) at the day job. You're welcome to come by and shoot the sh!t. Maybe life (and business) will get better and I'll get myself a serious shop. :) We all gotta dream right?

Easy,
Lanner