PDA

View Full Version : need info quick please!!!

lightning bug
November 4th 2002, 23:46
I got a price from a guy for (2) rear 944 hubs and (2) backing plates off of an 85.5 944. Then he e-mails me back and says he misunderstood me. He said hidn't know that the backing plates were part of the rear control arms. Is this true?? I don't think it is. Aren't the backing plates a seperate part? I mean I can buy them without buying the control arms, right? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could someone maybe post a pic so I could e-mail it to him?

Andy White
November 5th 2002, 04:40
Hi,

The backing plates from a 944 come separate to the trailing arms in either steel or aluminium and replace the bearing covers. However, he may be talking about the 944 turbo trailing arms because with these, the caliper mounts are part of the aluminium trailing arms but be careful, they are wider!

Hope this helps!

Andy.

Alex
November 6th 2002, 16:24
If you bolt on those backing plates to your stock arm with the 944 brake it will increase your track also.

Sandeep did the measurement on my pan (early aluminum trailing arms) and on his pan (stock arms with backing plates). They are the same. The late style aluminum trailing increases the track even further.

Alex