PDA

View Full Version : New light idea!!!...yes, It's weird.

Uber Affe
July 25th 2005, 23:38
Was wondering if anyone ever considered this type of radical modification or even smoothed fenders w/ "flip-up" lights"? Like the old jags or the "coffin nose" Cord cars.
See pics...
I haven't PSD'd up the flip/light idea yet, bu the old "Giant Lens Cover" from the vintage sports car look is there.

Dasdubber
July 25th 2005, 23:43
I think everyone's taste is different which makes our hobby and the world in general such an interesting place! It is only my opinion so don't place too much emphasis on it, but I think that style of headlight arrangement detracts from the flowing lines of the beetle fenders - perhaps the concealed flip up lights could be made to work, but the jag ones are a bit average. Makes it look kinda like a bullfrog (on the beetle).

I say to anyone trying to be different though - go for it....because at the end of the day as long as you gain pleasure from driving your car including the modifications you made, who gives a rat's arse what anyone else thinks :D

Uber Affe
July 25th 2005, 23:45
Does look a bit froggy eh? :laugh:

Racelook
July 26th 2005, 13:08
Not my "style" :eek:

Uber Affe
July 26th 2005, 14:32
Here's a pic of flip up lights (lights down)

volkdent
July 26th 2005, 20:41
I think the VW soul is in the lights. Hiding them just makes it less lively IMHO.

Jason

zen
July 29th 2005, 08:55
i would tend to agree with the other comments on here. neither works for me, but again, just my opinion. do what feels right for you.