PDA

View Full Version : has anyone done anything really nice with their door cards

1303mark
July 27th 2005, 10:17
looking for inspiration and ideas of what to do for my door cards,
they should be able to take a few speakers, and ele window switch gear, and anything else you can think of.

i may make temporary ones to do for MOT but i would like to get some real kick *** ones made when i get around to doing the interior properly.

Troy_Audio
July 27th 2005, 10:28
I will see if I can find some pix..
got to run right now
I will think of it all day..
Peace Troy

Uber Affe
September 5th 2005, 15:19
What are door cards? I think I know what you mean but perhaps there is a language barrier?
I have some ideas if you can explain...do you mean the door panels that cover the inside of the doror? I know there are different words for everything: wings/fenders, trunk/boot, I'm just not familiar w/ that one. :confused:

DORIGTT
September 6th 2005, 07:10
Door cards are interior door panels to some of us.

NO_H2O
September 6th 2005, 19:49
I made my own Door Cards. Strip the vinyl and foam from the old ones and trace them out on some 1/4 inch hardboard (Masonite) then cut and drill to match. Use spay glue (3M high tack 77 works good) ad put a layer of foam on the hard board (I used 1/2 inch low density foam from a fabric store) then cover with the fabric you want to use. You can emboss designs into the foam by cutting and removing segments of foam and then use contact cement on both surfaces then work the fabric/vinyl/leather over the panel and press it down into the groves of the foam. leave about an inch around the outside edges and cut-outs so you can wrap it tight around the back of the card and secure with contact cement. Relief cuts will be needed around the corners/cut-outs on the back side of the card so the fabric doesn't bunch up.

Bill K.
September 7th 2005, 15:01
If you're into CF or leather, call www.appbiz.com and ask about their new kits for bugs. I got RSR handles from them (shown with Procar panels).
http://www.vwbughead.com/interior/kulhdub10.JPG

Uber Affe
November 14th 2005, 12:33
Well, I came up with this a while back....

http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=4241&highlight=door+panels
Let me know if you're interested. I have another post on it around here some where.

DORIGTT
November 14th 2005, 20:07
I Use spay glue (3M high tack 77 works good) ad put a layer of foam on the hard board .

I couldn't resist making note of how the 'spay glue' (must be pretty strong to keep the legs closed) works with the hardboard...

Hope this isn't too over the top...