PDA

View Full Version : VW golf 3 suspension on a 1302?

Martice
November 5th 2002, 14:40
Hello,

I have a friend who has some "sachs" shocks and springs for golf3 GT and I wish to know if I its possible to use the shocks or springs on a 1302 with stock suspension.
anyone know anything? anyone ever tryed?
thanks in advance!

Martin

Martice
December 1st 2002, 15:14
did noone ever tryed golf/rabbit stuff for the 1302 suspension/brakes?

:)

Martin

Bobby74
December 5th 2002, 19:06
I have wondered about this myself. I saw some struts that looked amazingly simular to the Koni or Kershner threaded adjustable struts (gold in color, and have actual threads instead of snap rings). I asked the guy at the swap meet if they were for a superbeetle (in this case a 1303, 2 bolt strut) and he said he had been asked the same question at least 5 times that day! I'm pretty sure they are the same. You could just measure the bolt spacing, size, etc and see how simular it is to your struts (although you might have to change over to 1303 suspension to use these struts). The springs look smaller in diameter so they will not fit the stock perches, but you could weld the perches from the Golf struts on your struts to make smaller springs work.

Martice
December 6th 2002, 05:02
The fact is that here are ALLOT of performance parts for VW Golf and none for the vw Beetle :)
for instance, a set of new 2 front disk brakes, cross-drilled and ventilated with 4 pot calipers and everything (the brand is OMP!)for vw golf is from $180-$400(vr6 big brakes)

This brakes are bolt on to the golf.I must find a combination to use this brakes on a beetle.
I would pay at least that much to buy new stock brakes for my 1302....
With suspension, there is the same, huge variety of parts for vw golf....and cheap also....

Martin

Superman
December 9th 2002, 23:19
Originally posted by Martice
I must find a combination to use this brakes on a beetle.

83-85 Porsche 944

Superman
December 9th 2002, 23:22
73-79 VW 1303
75-84 VW Golf/Jetta
85-92 VW Golf/Jetta
76-8? Porsche 924
83-85 Porsche 944

All these cars have the same BCP (bolt center pattern) for the strut to spindle (steering knuckle).

Not sure about the MkIII Golf/Jetta

Martice
December 10th 2002, 12:50
but what about height and other repers?

they will bolt on or need lot of work to adapt?

Superman
January 16th 2003, 01:50
The bolt patterns are the same but none share the same spring rate or diameter.

mabus013
February 12th 2003, 20:47
The title on my 87 Jetta GL sez its 2234 pounds curb weight. That's a hell of a lot closer to the weight of a Beetle than the 2700 pound 944, and should be cheaper too for aftermarket parts. The only thing that sucks is that most wheels available form the A2 chassis have extreme positive offset, which may work for the front, but the rear wheels would look better on the rear. Anyway, using A2 chassis parts would be a lot easier to science out than making the 944 parts work. SOMEONE needs to see if these things work - at least for the front, if not the rear. Also, I've seen coilover kits galore for the A2 chassis, so if we can work out some kind of standard swapover procedure, we're that much closer to an easy swap to coilovers for the front.