PDA

View Full Version : August Meet

Sandeep
August 2nd 2005, 09:14
Well, that July Meet didn't go so well :confused:

We should get together before Mark's show on Aug 21st ... figure out where to meet before the cruise to the show. Not sure how the 401 is these days, but I'm assuming pretty terrible due to summer construction.

So ... when is good for everyone ? ... might as well throw weekends in for a possibility.

Sandeep

petevw
August 5th 2005, 04:06
I can come out any weekday evening over the next 2 weeks!

Sandeep
August 8th 2005, 15:15
Well Pete,

Looks like its only you and me :confused:

Where do you want to meet to cruise to Mark's show ? I'd like to stretch the beetle's legs and put that 5 speed to the test .. hope to run with some 944s/914s/911s on the 401 to the show.

Are you game ? :D

Let me know.

Sandeep

petevw
August 9th 2005, 18:09
Get together on the 16th? If it's just you and i, we could meet up somewhere else.
Stretch the 5spd..... Yeah my close ratio 4 buzzing the motor, won't be as fun.

Sandeep
August 12th 2005, 15:34
Pete,

I can't make the 16th ... its my 2yr olds birthday :D

How about we pick a spot to meet on the 21st before the drive to the show. I'd think the 401 would be the way to go ... any ideas on where to meet ? How about meeting some Vortexers for the cruise ?

Sandeep

petevw
August 12th 2005, 21:39
Cool i'll check it out! :D

Sandeep
August 16th 2005, 11:03
Pete,

Where do you want to meet on the 21st before the cruise to the show ? Looks like only you and me are going :confused:

Sandeep

CLKWRK
August 16th 2005, 11:17
hey guys,
Looks like my car will be ready to go that day, can I come too?
Bry

Sandeep
August 16th 2005, 11:49
:D Cool.

Where do you guys want to meet up ?

Bry ... you're coming from St Catherines right ?

Sandeep

btljus
August 16th 2005, 16:56
Hey my car is done!!! :D I was hoping to meet up on the 16th :confused:
So if anyone will chime in B4 now and tonite...I'm game. If not, I'll try to make the 21st.

Sandeep
August 18th 2005, 09:38
Peter,

Great to hear your bug is on the road.

WHERE DO YOU GUYS WANT TO MEET BEFORE THE CRUISE TO THE SHOW ?!?!? :D

Sandeep

btljus
August 18th 2005, 16:56
What about meeting up if you aren't going to the show?...are we gonna meet this month?...maybe this coming Tuesday?...the 23rd :rolleyes: I got my car running!!! :D

petevw
August 19th 2005, 17:18
Hey, what's up?

I have the rear end apart, installing a rear sway bar. The cars running well, but i'm not sure i'll make the show on Sunday. Had big problems at work, and i have to work stupid hours doubleshifting this weekend. The way it looks, I'll have a better chance of going to Florida in November, than Peterborough this weekend.

Real Bummer.

another "meet":

2005 VAPer BBQ "Back to the Basics" - Sep. 11th
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2146738

CLKWRK
August 20th 2005, 19:41
Heya,
I am battling a stubborn oil leak :mad: , apart from being messy, its still driveable. Where is everyone meeting? Sandeep, yes, I am coming from St. catharines, plus I have some 901 shifter questions for you.

Bry

Sandeep
August 20th 2005, 20:04
Here is a link to some maps for the show

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2088755&page=2

Sandeep

Sandeep
August 22nd 2005, 09:40
The drive to the show was nice, but we had to keep it at 100-115 kph because of some minor issues with Bryan's motor. Just wanted to be safe.

The show was lacking in VW's and Porsches (probably only about 20 cars there) but the weather was awesome and the facilities were top notch, could easily accomodate atleast 100 cars.

Allan brought his 914 V8 conversion on a trailer and got the engine fired up towards the end of the show. An LT1 with open headers sounds incredible :eek:

People keep complaining about the lack of VW shows in the GTA, and when someone steps up to the plate to put one on, nobody shows up .... this really pisses me off :mad: At least Bryan, Allan and I showed our support.

The drive home was interesting as buddy in his Escalade thought he'd ride right on my bumper at 140 kph on the 401. A stretch of open road later and buddy was a speck in the rear view mirror :D About 20 minutes later, buddy rides my bumper again ...

Bryan,

I hope you made it home OK.

Sandeep

CLKWRK
August 22nd 2005, 11:12
Heya Sandeep,

I made it home fine, aside from the messyness of an oil leak, the new engine runs great. The leak shouldnt be a problem much longer, I think I got the problem figured out.

Bry

btljus
August 22nd 2005, 19:17
So no one is up for meeting up say this Tuesday?...the 23rd? share stories from the show...BTW Bryan did you get that adjustable oil by pass valve installed yet?...and if so did it fix the problem?

CLKWRK
August 23rd 2005, 09:52
pete,

it helped, but diddnt solve my problem, i am going to try another soloution.
I am going to put my oil cooler on the pressure side instead of the scavenge side to improve scavenge flow

Bry

petevw
August 23rd 2005, 17:53
People keep complaining about the lack of VW shows in the GTA, and when someone steps up to the plate to put one on, nobody shows up .... this really pisses me off :mad: At least Bryan, Allan and I showed our support.
Sandeep

I feel terrible for not being able to attend, and support Mark. The car was done and ready. I finished up the rear sway bar early Saturday morn before heading out, hoping i could take off late to Mark's on Sunday. The show was all i could think of at work, this really nice weekend. Was looking forward to it all summer. Alot of guys i work with got squeezed this weekend.

So no one is up for meeting up say this Tuesday?...the 23rd? share stories from the show...

How about Thursday? Or next Tuesday the 30th?

Sandeep
August 24th 2005, 09:35
Pete,

No problem ..

All,

Lets have a meet for the 30th then ... where do you want to meet ? Perhaps another location rather than Oakville if only a few of us are going to be there.

I need to chat about EFI fuel systems ... I've got my manifolds almost complete, just need to build my surge tank, mock up the turbo and wire in the Megasquirt/EDIS :D

Sandeep

petevw
August 24th 2005, 18:38
30th sounds good. How about in the plaza at Mississauga Rd and 401. Its on the way to work for me as i am on the graveyard shift, close to you Sandeep, and just north of Pete (Btljus).

I think there's a Boston Pizza in there......

You guys interested in?:

2005 VAPer BBQ "Back to the Basics" - Sep. 11th
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2146738

Sandeep
August 24th 2005, 21:12
That works for me on the 30th.

Are you suggesting we crash the Vaper BBQ ? :laugh:

Sandeep

petevw
August 26th 2005, 14:32
YES!!! :laugh:

you guys interested?

Rob
August 26th 2005, 15:09
Sorry Guys, I'll be away on business again.

Between work and only being home on the weekends there is not a lot of time left for the bug.
Hell, I just had a week vacation and I only got to work on the car for maybe 4 hours...

Shoot some pics at the meet though... the BAG site needs an update.
I have a copy of the site, send me the pics and I'll see if I can update it while in the hotel.

Rob.

petevw
August 29th 2005, 02:36
Looking at the forecast, It's going to rain Wed and Thurs. How's Tuesday?
I'll bring my tripod/camera.

Sandeep
August 29th 2005, 07:48
Tuesday is a chance of showers 40% ... I'll be driving the bug ... meet at the Boston Pizza @ 730pm ?

Sandeep