PDA

View Full Version : Questions about fusca74s ride

fusca74
August 10th 2005, 19:15
Click here (http://www.germanlook.com/Html/MembersRides/ViewVehicle.php?RideID=216) for more information on this ride.

kleinporsche
December 16th 2006, 19:59
Does anybody knows where I can buy yellow headlights like those?

wrenchnride247
December 16th 2006, 22:11
I believe the car is in France (they use yellow head lights for some reason :rolleyes: ) Maybe do a search for yellow head lights on a search engine.

zeroaxe
December 17th 2006, 06:37
Nope it's not :p One my Fastback I had those Yellow lights as the standard setup.... 6v. But when I did the 12v conversion I had to 'loose' them. Until one day I mentioned to my previous boss(Beetle garage) that I would still like to have them, but I cant with the 12v. To my surprise he said that those yellow bulbs does indeed exists in 12v.

So you are in luck, all you have to do is find the same haed light bulbs you have, but in yellow! :agree: That yellow 'tint' that you see is actually the reflection from the bulb itself. :D

wrenchnride247
December 17th 2006, 12:25
I'm glad someone in France posted :rolleyes: . I remember when I lived in southwestern Germany, I would see all kinds of cars and trucks with yellow head lights. My cousin said they were French or Belgian registered vehicles.

zeroaxe
December 17th 2006, 13:11
Might be true, but the number plate is a bit of a givvaway :p As a matter of fact, you normally get those on older cars only. These days the new cars are 'normal' :laugh: I suppose that in the ol' days, before (proper) fog lights, these were the only lights that allowed you to see better, and others to see you :confused: I am going to re-install them when I get my Fastback back on track. And *maybe* on the Super5when I finally can get to the bloody thing :mad: )

kleinporsche
December 17th 2006, 13:34
I'm glad to bring back the yellow headlamps on the GL scene!! With all these people from France we may all start speaking French around here! LOL I'm kidding. Merci pour les info les gars!

zeroaxe
December 17th 2006, 15:54
De rien. :laugh: I just live here, but am pure Afrikaner by hart. Just happen to speak English ;)