PDA

View Full Version : Front B/J coilover

Alex
November 8th 2002, 09:46
There was this big thread on the STF about this and I want to research this a bit further.

Red9Design is selling the EZ Rider kit. I know that Ricola has it installed in his Speedster. Can anybody give me some feedback on this setup? How does it compare to the normal setup?
I do know that it will still have all the negative features of the B/J beam with trailing arms but the price of the kit is not too bad and if I get some improvment out of it it might be worth it.

I got some information that in the Käfer CUP race series a couple of bugs used a similar setup and had problems with the lower tailing arm because of the spring pressure.
If the off roaders use kits like that what type of trailing arms do they use? The stock ones?

I saw some nice drawing of custom wishbone setups for B/J cars. I am looking for a bolt on kit......I am too far into the project and the body is nearly paint ready so I do not want to make anymore modification on the body.

Thanks for you thoughts,

Alex

vwpeter
November 8th 2002, 10:52
I have a set of coil over from red9 on my 1960 T1 Ghia.The product looks great but the coil is rubbing against the front axle beam and upper trailing arm.Feedback to them but no advise till today.

Alex
November 8th 2002, 16:48
How do you like the setup? How does it handle?

vwpeter
November 8th 2002, 18:56
I am restoring the Ghia now , once it on the road will let you know the result. I also bought their 2" lowered spring plate for my 74 1303S, together with koni shocks it really work.Lowered and won't affect the rear spring rate.