PDA

View Full Version : GL website

VW911
November 9th 2002, 22:37
I really need to update my GL website. For those of you that have seen my site, what are some of the things I need to add to it and what are some things that i need to remove. I plan on changing the format of the site very soon. I have been so limited with my WebTV service. I have access to a computer now and plan on making some big changes. I need some feedback...I'm a big boy so give me some constructive feedback. Thanks:confused:

Alex
November 10th 2002, 02:25
I really liked your website. It was the first website were I got infos on the GermanLook......which reminds me to add your link to our resource list. The only thing that I found is that the email address list and some of the links needed to be updated.

I really like the wheel and brake section.

Alex

trevorbrady
November 12th 2002, 08:34
Hi Earl, If it was my site and I was going to change it around (which I am going to do to my own soon!) I would make thumbnails of each picture so people could take an overview of the images before deciding which ones to look at more closely. That way the page loads up quicker in the first place and is more user friendly. I would also include a menu or link bar that is common to every page (or make it in a frame on the side or top that's always gonna be there while the content changes in the next frame), instead of page 1 leading to page 2 leading to page 3 etc. That way the website is less linear and people can hop around as they like.

Don't take any offence at this, it's just constructive criticism. I'm also open to comments on my site www.geocities.com/trevorbrady and my club's site, which I put together www.southernvolksfolks.com ...

VW911
November 12th 2002, 23:08
Thanks Alex. I have removed some of the broken links already. Some sites have changed. I still need to add some more back on there. I am currently working on a new brake page and a new wheel page (since newer wheels are out now).

Trevor, Thanks. I am planning on moving the site to geocities soon and making rescanning all my pics. Also I will make them as thumbnails like "Superman's" Super Volkswagen site is. The menu bar I planto incorporate also. With the webtv it limited me on page design. Thanks for your advise and comments

trevorbrady
November 13th 2002, 05:31
:eek: nooooooooooooooooooooooo!:eek:

don't go to Geocities!!! (unless you're gonna go with a subscription account that is)

they shut down your site if you have too many people looking at it! They severely limit the bandwith and transfer of data from your site. If too many people are on at one time, they pull the plug, if too many people log in over a month, they pull the plug.
It really gets up my nose, but I suppose it's free and they can do as they like.

This is the main reason I'm moving from geocities and buying my own domain name and webspace...

There may be some other web hosting companies out there. I believe tripod are the same deal as geocities though.

ricola
November 14th 2002, 04:44
Tell me about it, my original site on geo**ities just disappeared with no warning!

Rich