PDA

View Full Version : Attention Canadians: North to South Run

flat
September 24th 2005, 21:04
Gents,

I'm gonna make the run to the VKG Dyno Day in November. Possibly in the my super. I'll do it 'dirty day' style...straight run. Who else is down? Pete, you're driving down right? Mr. Yellow Bug?

Lanner

petevw
September 25th 2005, 05:38
If it had the stock motor in it i'd drive. Drove a few times down to PA with the 1600. This time around, it's going on a trailer. Trying to firm up the details now.

Sandeep
September 25th 2005, 12:19
I'd love to go but I have 2 little kiddies that tell me otherwise :laugh:

Have fun !

Sandeep

zen
September 26th 2005, 21:11
you are a sick man, Lanner. and i appreciate every bit of it. :D

sandeep, i would say stick 'em in the back and head on down, but 23 hours just may be a little too much. :rolleyes: i did drag my kids to the last event, but that was only 1.5 hours drive.

the more GL'ers that can make it, the better. it is looking like we have Hot VW's coming in to cover the event as well as The German Addiction. i am also trying to work in an extra hour into that day with someone, somewhere to get a certain GL in a certain mag. ;)

should be a great weekend for the GL community!

BWE
October 12th 2005, 17:26
Hey Lanner,
What are your plans: when are you leaving, returning, etc. This might be doable if I can get the engine back together and into the car (just might be the kick in the a## that I've been needing!)
Cheers,
Dave

flat
October 16th 2005, 13:03
Dave,

Roughly, I'm looking to leave mid-day Thurday and run straight down (Still looking for a co-driver). I'm taking a bigger car (Grand Prix) cuz I gotta haul alot of gear. I'm thinking it'll take about 22hrs to get there. Stay Friday night, hit the Dyno even on Saturday (maybe the bus show if time allows), hit the bug jam on Sunday, catch some zz's and leave first thing Monday morning.

That's the plan....

Lanner

petevw
October 17th 2005, 00:19
Dave,

Roughly, I'm looking to leave mid-day Thurday and run straight down (Still looking for a co-driver). I'm taking a bigger car (Grand Prix) cuz I gotta haul alot of gear. I'm thinking it'll take about 22hrs to get there. Stay Friday night, hit the Dyno even on Saturday (maybe the bus show if time allows), hit the bug jam on Sunday, catch some zz's and leave first thing Monday morning.

That's the plan....

Lanner

Why take 2 cars/Grand prix? Come with me. :agree: I'm also looking for a co-driver. Pretty sure you can cram all your stuff into whatever SUV i get my hands on. I have the hotel booked for Fri/Sat. I think Sun won't be a problem to get. I'm off work Wed afternoon --> and back Tues night.