PDA

View Full Version : i have an oval, and want porsche brakes, what do you reccomend??

buggyboyshane
January 12th 2006, 17:08
any help greatly appreciated guys, so far i have a narrowed beam, cb dropped link/disk spindles and a few pounds gathered up. want to put proper porsche calipers front and back (that say porsche on them), i am technically minded, can do the work myself but need to know what parts are best to get.

eventually i am gonna get a big engine from the states but till then id love a crackin set of brakes.

thanks guys

well coooollll forum by the way.

volkdent
January 12th 2006, 21:46
Shane, just start reading. This topic has been covered a bunch. Start using the search engine for Porsche brakes, Porsche caliper, 944 brakes, ... that kind of thing and you'll probably get what you need.

I've been calling for a sticky on Porsche brake upgrades but no one seems to be listening :confused:

Jason

speedy
January 13th 2006, 11:54
there is a tech artical on a porsche brake king and link pin conversion , should point you in the right direction
jon

buggyboyshane
January 14th 2006, 18:45
thanks guys

buggyboyshane
November 14th 2006, 11:40
ha ha!!!!! ive justboughtfull setof brakes of a 2003 boxter 3.2 's', these are all four 4pot red calipers, with all pads, car only covered 30k miles. four crossdrilles disks, rear brake internals. for £350 is that good?

ok then....... where the fuch do i start?? wanna put them on a 56 oval chassis. i have cb dropped linkpin disk spindles. do i go old way and mill down a vw disk to act as a hub and mount onto porsche disk?

what about the rear? i take it i have to produce some sort of backing plate to mount the small handbrake shoes inside the rear hub again a milled down drum?

any help greatly appreciated

cheers lads

ps. whats the smallest rim size i can put on this motor, was hopin to run my 15 fuchs but poss. not gonna happen now.

wrenchnride247
November 14th 2006, 12:59
PM flat, (vdubengineering) he can help with advice, or parts.

more than likely you will have to run 17's