PDA

View Full Version : Call me lazy...

chase580
November 18th 2002, 15:11
I've looked at some posts but don't get any info that might help me. I haven't purchased any wheels or tires (tyres), so that makes it easier. I have a 69 type 1 with an adjustable front beam and Ghia front brakes (soon to have new porsche pattern rotors). I need to know what some wheel and tire combos have work on the same or similar car (your cars) with stock fenders including mods needed to fit the wheels and tires under the fenders.

NYBugman1972
November 19th 2002, 07:41
205-40-17 on a 7" or 7.5" wheel seems to be the norm. I'd use them.

vujade
November 19th 2002, 10:31
from what I have seen, some are running wide wheels on stock width front beams & using wider fenders & others are narrowing the front beams & using stock fenders.

It is all preference. What do you like better?
Do you prefer the wider more aggressive look?
Or a more stock appearance in the front?

this may also help you decide:
narrowing your front beam & using stock fenders will keep the normal turning radius that your car was designed with.

using the stock width beam with wider fenders will change your turing radius.

chase580
November 19th 2002, 17:29
I have some pretty wide low profile tires on the car now but I want the larger diameter porsche wheels. Anyway on the driver side (usa spec) the tire sticks out about a 1/2" (2 cm) but on the passenger side the tire is completely under the fender. What causes this, I was told if the car was damaged in the front it would do this but I'm not so sure. I attached a pic.

chase580
November 19th 2002, 17:30
Sorry

bren
November 20th 2002, 08:28
chase 580.. read this thread: http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=401