PDA

View Full Version : Ready for spacers, where to get them

NO_H2O
November 18th 2002, 23:38
Well the MaxxStruts are in, discs and callipers are on and I need a set of 14 or 15mm spacers. I am near the end of the project and money is tight. Shure do need this car on the ground. My jack stands are growing roots. If I get some spacers and one more weekend of work I can get some weed killer for the jack stand roots and put her on the floor, maybe even on the road. I used studs long enough to do the job, planned that part right.

NYBugman1972
November 19th 2002, 07:40
Custom Speed Parts stocks spacers. Also, Pelican Parts has them too. Depends on if you want bolt-on or slip-thru spacers. Slip-thru's require longer wheel studs. Slip-thru's are also cheaper. I run bolt-ons. Not sure which is better, but Porsche used slip-thru's from the factory.

vujade
November 19th 2002, 10:32
are these bolt on spacers almost like wheel adapters?

Pillow
November 19th 2002, 13:21
There were some on e-bay a little bit ago.

Granted new they are pricey.

I like the slip through long stud version myself, over the adapter style.

Good Luck,

NYBugman1972
November 19th 2002, 15:49
Yeah, the bolt-ons are like adapters. Maybe next year I'll switch, but I've never had problems with them. I do believe that they are illiegal for racing, so that's probably why porsche used slip-ons.

NO_H2O
November 19th 2002, 16:23
If I grind off the extra threads on the rear stub axle I can get away with a 3/8 spacer from Topline $30 pr. It's the front left bearing cover with the speedo cable that is killing me. Can I cut it down? I need to so I can keep the cool Porsche caps in the wheels. If I use a 1/2 spacer I would have 9/16 thread engagement, 3/8 spacer will have 11/16 thread engagement in the lug nut with the studs I have. I realy want to stay with 3/8 spacer

yetibone
November 29th 2002, 16:10
Pardon my asking, but where did you get your wheel studs from?
I need M14x1.5TPmm, 45 to 48mm long.

Yetibone:help:

NO_H2O
November 29th 2002, 19:10
I got my studs from AutoZone 14mm x 1.5. They had 6 or 8 lengths. They price was right too.
:D