PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Pop Out Windows

MISS VDUB
February 20th 2006, 11:58
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any rear pop out windows for sale to suit a 74 L Bug. I live in Western Australia and they are hard to come by, and also very expensive!

Kindest Regards,
Ashleigh x

oasis
February 21st 2006, 08:01
They are a little easier to come by in the USA but they certainly aren't cheap. I imagine shipping from most points of the world will be expensive as they are quite heavy.

If you decide on making an international purchase on these make sure you are buying the right size. The US-spec Beetles had two different sizes. One size was for the 1952-64 model years, and a larger size was for the 1965-77 model years. There were many different manufacturing plants and assembly plants throughout the world and many had differences from each other even within the same model year. These differences would sometimes include glass size.

There is even an aftermarket manufacturer in the US that makes new ones. Very expensive. There are suppliers of used ones in the states also. If you want to go that route, I can look up their names. In the meantime, there may be a better source in your hemisphere.

Good luck and welcome.