PDA

View Full Version : My car...

Oliver Knuf
November 20th 2002, 05:18
Take a look on the beige beetle, this month car of the VW Speed in Germany! :D

http://www.vw-speed.de/bilder/titel12-02.jpg

hot66
November 20th 2002, 05:40
are you going to give us the full spec on you're bug? :)

ricola
November 20th 2002, 08:43
I picked up a copy of this magazien the other week while over in Germany. I didn't notice it was your car Oliver!
Was that the car that had a home made mid mount (looked like it used an old rear trans mount)

Rich

vujade
November 20th 2002, 11:06
nice one Oliver!

Did they do a feature on your car also?
Forward the info to me and I will write a feature for your car here on this website.

Steve Arndt
November 20th 2002, 11:59
I thought you said you sold it?

Chris Percival
November 20th 2002, 12:55
Are you using the wheels from the red 1303?

Oliver Knuf
November 21st 2002, 05:39
I'm in the progress of selling the car for a very fair price to a friend, making room for new projects, hehe! Even my other car, the silver 83 Mex beetle is ready to be sold, as I want to build a more fun orientated car, maybe a Cal Looker? :silly:
The wheels are not from the 03, I got a shop that welds them to the same sizes in the rear. It's original 5,5" x 15" front and 7" x 15" in the rear.
The mid gearbox mount is homegrown, as the GB mount is too deep for a lowered car in my opinion. Also the cup braces over the gearbox, that work together with the roll-cage, are homegrown. I described the engine a few times. It's a 84mm x 96mm (2,4l) Type 4 with a 48mm CB injection. With a Pauter cam and 11.0:1 c/r I tried to reach over 200HP, still not tested, but this will come up in the next months. I'll feature all of the goodies, as soon as I've got all the results!

Flintstones
November 21st 2002, 21:39
Can anyone post some pics on Oliver's car please, we don't get the german mags down here in Oz.
Cheers

Martice
December 20th 2002, 10:05
Hi Oliver,
I noticed that you said that you have a artizanal Kafer cup-brece.I am trying to build one myself, I'll start a topic @ suspention section and would really apreciate if you could share your experience with us!

This type of brace is a major improvement in my opinion and its something that CAN be made from scrach.Same goes for the Strut brace witch is an easy task that can save $100.
The kafer cup brace is about $300 from what I know
Thanks!

PS:Congrats for the car!

Martin

Ephry73
December 24th 2002, 01:07
Lovely Oliver, just lovely.... How do the CB's TB's work for you?

E

Oliver Knuf
December 28th 2002, 06:16
Easy to adjust and to tune, but not like hell, as performance would be better if the ignition system would be integrated and all would be programmable. Next time I go back to some real carbs, IDA's! :-D

Ephry73
December 28th 2002, 11:54
What about something like a programmable EFi and an ignition system, all combined?
They have this megasquirt that I keep reading about, so it would be a matter of combining all the pieces...?

How's the mileage and mid throttle on the system?

thanks for the reply,

E