PDA

View Full Version : Tech Article

vujade
November 22nd 2002, 18:33
I could do a tech article on the Maxx Struts, Sway Bar & Strut Bar Install.

I will give it a shot.

BTW... I talked to my local VW mechanic today and he is going to help me with the Springs and also removing the old bushings.

My wheel spacers, studs & lug nuts came in Yesterday.
My wheels, Maxx struts, tower bar & sway bar come in Tuesday.

Sandeep
November 23rd 2002, 17:23
Joe,

That would be great... I've always wondered how a 'Super' front suspension works.... I am front the "Torsion" side.... :D

Sandeep

vujade
November 23rd 2002, 21:37
Sandeep,

I am front the Torsion Side myself.
I have never owned a Super before, this is my first.

I will be undertaking a big project this week, with rebuilding the front end using the Maxx Struts, 7/8 sway bar, strut tower bar & urethane bushings with Porsche wheels. So this is a learning experience for me too.

I will let you know how it goes.
I will definitely try to write a tech article on it.

Bobby74
November 23rd 2002, 23:36
I just got my Maxx struts from UPS yesterday! I will be doing a simular conversion this weekend. MAxx struts, Boge Turbo inserts, 7/8" sway bar, 'thane bushings. I'll be doing things a little different though. I found the 1302 (pre '73) upper strut mount/bearing to be a lot more solid/better designed than on my later cars. I'm attempting to use that with the new stut. I know you have to enlarge the tower to clear a later strut on an early car, but fitting a early stut mount to a later car shouldn't be an issue. I'll let you know how it goes by Wednesday!

vujade
November 23rd 2002, 23:39
Bobby

I am getting all of my stuff Tuesday & plan on doing most of the work on Wednesday.

Maybe if we run into a problems we can help each other out.
Whata ya think?

Bobby74
November 24th 2002, 01:22
No problem. The internet is cool like that.. You're at exact opposite side of the US as I am (well maybe if I lived in Alaska) but we are doing the same conversion the same days, pretty funny :) I was thinking of grinding down some typical spring compressors (the cheap $10 ones at VW shops/import stores) hooks to clear the tiney coils then wrapping them with electrical or duct tape to protect the powdercoat on the springs from scraping off. Just something to think about..
-Bobby

vujade
November 24th 2002, 10:18
Bobby that sounds good.

BTW...love your signature..LOL