PDA

View Full Version : April/May meeting?

petevw
April 14th 2006, 02:09
C'mon guys, let's get a meet together.

I've met with the VKG/GL'ers more often in the last 6months (Florida/Georgia) than the GTA crew!

April 18th? 25th?

May 2nd? 9th?

67ghiaTIV
April 14th 2006, 08:25
I am out temporarily with prenatel classes on Tueday nights. It will be the next 5 weeks.

jamie

Sandeep
April 14th 2006, 16:34
Sorry to be out of the loop .... I'm trying to finish wiring in the EDIS before I can start the bug ... hopefully in the next week. Got my LC-1 to install and then CONTACT !!!! :D :agree:

Do we want to try a different location to get some more people out ? Or how about scheduling the meeting when one of the weekly summer meets are happening in the GTA ... even though there may be a small group of us, we would be part of a bigger group ?

Sandeep

petevw
April 15th 2006, 01:00
Your almost ready to fire! Awesome!

PICS! PICS! PICS!

Changing locations sounds cool. any ideas?
If nothings going on, I usually attend one of the weekly watercool'd meets around the GTA:

Monday
Milton Mondays (Milton)
Caffeinated Kennedy Commons Monday Night GTG's (Scarborough)

Tuesday
Turbo Tuesdays (Burlington)

Wednesday
10 N Egg tonight
Drivers Found (Barrie, 8:30 PM)

Thursday

Friday
Krispy Kreme Fridays (Richmond Hill)
A&W GTG (Mississauga)
Kennedy Commons East-End Meet (Scarborough)

Saturday

Sunday
403 & Dundas GTG (Oakville)

here's the link for more info/locations:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1875922

Alex
April 20th 2006, 21:58
So what is going on with the meet?
No one up for a beer? or two?
Alex

CLKWRK
April 21st 2006, 13:25
Hey Guys,

Keep me posted on the meet, i got both cars on the road this year :)

Bry

petevw
April 21st 2006, 22:25
This Tues the 25th? :haveadrin

Sandeep when are you going to fire it up?

Bryan, was by the shop yesterday, like the rims. They need some more elbow grease! Shine them up!

I went with the super to the 403 and Dundas meet on Sunday. Lots of love for the aircooled there! Talked to Ed Shurmer(sp?)'s nephew! He helped port heads at Ed's shop. He has the flared fender molds from the racecar. He still has tons of HP parts!

I've got the Super on the road, and working steady on the split. The super will be out of commission for 10 days, until the 3rd of May.

Sandeep
April 22nd 2006, 13:02
Sorry guys, can't make the 25th. Things are really busy with the 2 kids, and the only time I have to work on the bug is from 9pm till 12am :laugh:

I am pretty much ready to fire up the beetle (N/A) first and then bolt the turbo back on, and connect the I/C hoses to the TB. Just need to mount and wire up the EDIS coil, and waiting for my plug wires to come in. Got them custom made from http://auroraignitionwires.com/home.htm in British Columbia.

Still need to decide on a down pipe design too before I get Lanner to cut the flange.

Some pics takes 2 weeks ago ...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/turbopics/100_6432.jpg~original

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/turbopics/100_6433.jpg~original

Almost there ! :D

Sandeep

Sandeep
April 22nd 2006, 13:03
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/turbopics/100_6435.jpg~original

petevw
April 23rd 2006, 03:14
Sweet! Looks great :agree:

ajracer
April 23rd 2006, 16:18
So this Tuesday in Oakville at the old location ? (seems they changed name) I have had the 914 V8 out for a few drives and still a couple of issue to sort out, but driveable. Maybe I will spend Monday nights tidy up a couple things and work all night just to bring along on Tuesday. Lots of intersting things are developing and looking forward to the summer and tweeking this little beast.

Allan

petevw
April 23rd 2006, 19:11
I'm in for this Tuesday.

CLKWRK
April 24th 2006, 09:29
Hello,

I'll be there, 7:00 right.

Btw, does anyone have any good 205/50/17 rubber the ywould like to sell? I need a pair for my sc

Bry :)

petevw
April 24th 2006, 16:28
more like 7:30-8

petevw
April 24th 2006, 20:34
The super will be out of commission for 10 days, until the 3rd of May.

No comments?

Alex
April 24th 2006, 22:33
Cool...tomorrow it is in Oakville at 7:30-8PM

Alex
April 28th 2006, 19:40
Sorry guys.......I got really sick on Tuesday and I was looking forward to this meet.

I hopefully see you guys next month.

Alex
(still sick)

petevw
April 29th 2006, 04:06
Alex, hope your feeling better, Allan said you sounded terrible. Allen, Bryan and me, showed up. Bryan brought the turbo Ghia, Allen had the 914 V8 monster out, and i had the TDI. Good conversation, and Allan took me for a blast! That cars got power! On the way home i was cruising at 140K with the 914 behind me, I don't know if Allan dropped a gear, but he went 2 lanes over, and took-off like i was standing still! Quite impresive.

Can the next meet be May 9th?

I'll have the super back by then, Sandeep should have his car running well, the 914 and Ghia will be around. A few VW dudes from the VWvortex, and Tuned perfection, want to come by.

If the 9th is OK, I can contact some other ACVW's and we could make this next meet pretty big!

Alex
April 29th 2006, 19:52
I have to work the 9th :-(

I try to switch shifts. Actually I already had a request for a shift change from someone else so it should be possible. I do not know what bit me....but man....on Tuesday I felt llike someone hit me with a bat. I was so tried and felt do weak. On Wednesday I had major stomach cramps and Thursday.....well I will not go into details anymore. I feel better now.....hurray.

Alex

petevw
April 30th 2006, 13:00
I'm spreading the word for the 9th!

CLKWRK
May 1st 2006, 10:16
Hello,

Thanks to Allan for bringing the 914, in the past I have had bad experiences with Continental tires, so I am going to pass on this set. If anyone has a pair of 205/50/17 tires for sale in decent shape gimme a holler.

Thanks for the autocraft link Pete, my new oil pickup is in the mail. This should fix my scavenge problem, in fact its probably overkill as i already have a less elegant solution.

P.S. I'll be there may 9.

cheers, Bry

petevw
May 1st 2006, 16:02
Hello,

Thanks for the autocraft link Pete, my new oil pickup is in the mail. This should fix my scavenge problem, in fact its probably overkill as i already have a less elegant solution.

P.S. I'll be there may 9.

cheers, Bry

I'm ordering mine today.... :)

CLKWRK
May 1st 2006, 16:53
now i need to do some suspension work and shes dialed in

volksdragon
May 1st 2006, 18:47
now that my supers back on the road, i'll try to make it out more.

i should be able to make it tues.

Alex
May 1st 2006, 20:49
Got the shift changed.....see you on the 9th.......hopefully. ;-)

Alex

Sandeep
May 2nd 2006, 16:42
I MAY be there :o

I really need to take every opportunity for any free time to get the Bug on the road with the turbo set up. I found my problem to be a bad injector ... ordered a new one today, should be here tomorrow so I can continue with the tuning.

The warm weather is here and I still don't have the car on the road :mad: Still need to get an appriasal done before I can apply for insurance.

I'm really trying to have the car on the road for late May !

Sandeep

petevw
May 7th 2006, 19:10
Some waterpumper guys are coming:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2584484

Sandeep
May 8th 2006, 10:56
Sorry Guys ... can't make it. Have to finish this project before June's meet !

Turbo is all plumbed up and I'm tuning it at idle right now. BOV sounds cool but I hope it is not too loud. Figure I will go with no muffler for now and need to get the downpipe flange to Lanner this weekend.

See you in June !

Sandeep

petevw
May 8th 2006, 20:26
Sorry to hear that Sandeep,

I won't see you guys in June. I'll be around in July.

Leaving for europe in a couple weeks. I planning to be in Monaco for the F1 GP, attend a wedding in Greece, and end up in Germany to drive the Nurburgring in the rental! :laugh: