PDA

View Full Version : WTB 1974 GL Super

gsusmaniac
May 17th 2006, 21:50
Well I found the perfect car! But sadly, after being for sale for two years, he finally has an offer and I didnt go into the market till this week!

Anyway, I am looking for a 1974 Super Beetle...will consider other years...

A list of what I am looking for:

-No Rust
-Fairly new in good shape paint job
-Custom interior
-Want wider fenders or flared but not a must
-Custom Seats (I can do the interior myself if it isnt done)
-Disk Brakes would be cool but not a must, I can do those myself
-LARGE TYPE IV ENGINE (MUST)
I am building a 1.8 but would like one with a 2.0 or bigger!

So that is an overview. I am looking for any and all leads. My bug got totalled and I no longer have a bug. So I will be looking just make me some offers, I am not rich but hopefully will fair well from the insurance.

Thanks everyone,
ERIK

Phat73VW
May 18th 2006, 05:09
where are you located? that would be a great start in helping you ! ;)

gsusmaniac
May 18th 2006, 06:52
I am in Tallahassee, FL... but if the price on the car is right, I should be able to do some shiping!

gsusmaniac
May 23rd 2006, 08:56
got one...

gsusmaniac
May 27th 2006, 22:57
Dont got one... still looking!

dbcflash
June 2nd 2006, 12:51
I sold that one I had, but I wish I had another just so I could help you out.

Have you had any luck yet?

gsusmaniac
June 2nd 2006, 14:06
No, I am at the point where I just want one.... I found one locally that has a little surface rust, nothing major at all. But I would have to paint it and that is way to much money. He only wants $500 for it. Striaght body, the only real rust spot is by the feet on the passenger side about the size of a dollar! It doesnt have an engine. BUt I do! So I guess my problem is paint! If I could paint with a decent paint job for a grand it would be worth it.

Thanks for the willigness to help! I will go out and take pic of the car so I can get some opinions.

ERIK