PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood Calipers on Stock Rotors

ajsyrup
May 26th 2006, 12:16
i have a 1959 euro bug on a 74 irs pan i was planning on doing a full disc brake conversion of course and i have recently been thinking of using a wilwood caliper. i was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this in the past i figured which to use for the front. its the same one that airkewld uses on the bad brake kits(dynalite single). i am unsure on what to use for the back of course i am going to need an ebrake. i know that i have to fab up brackets shouldnt be that difficult at all just time consuming but that i am ok with of course. well just wanted to see if anyone had any input any help would be appreciated thanks

brian

volkdent
May 26th 2006, 14:11
A week from Memorial Day Monday I will be sending off a 4 piston Wilwood Dynalite caliper and 12" rotor to Lanner. He'll be developing an adapter and custom hub setup for the front for me. Once he's done he'll be able to make more if anyone is interested.

Jason

ajsyrup
May 26th 2006, 16:19
sounds interesting be sure to post up some pictures once u get it what calipers are you using in the rear??

volkdent
May 27th 2006, 21:21
Same but with smaller pistons.

Jason

spooky
May 29th 2006, 15:06
all sounds very interesting... i will certainly be keeping an eye on this thread!

Jason, what car are they going on? Also what you going to do for a parking-brake/e-brake

thanks!!

volkdent
May 29th 2006, 15:54
Here's my brake thread:

http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=6922

Search for posts by Volkdent if you would like to know more about the car, its not easily summed up.

Jason