PDA

View Full Version : Boxster wheels

SoCalGL
June 4th 2006, 02:26
so with a 5 lug porsche brake conversion and a 3 inch narrow beam what else is needed to run these wheels

heres the info:

Diameter 17, Width 7 (5 SPOKE FRONT), 55mm offset, MACHINED FINISH, 1 Piece Only,

also wats everyones opinion on them seeing my lack of liking for cups or twists anddoes anyone have any suggestions ( ie. different wheels, painting chroming , etc. )

zen
June 4th 2006, 09:42
you shouldn't have to run a narrowed beam. i have 1.5" spacers on mine just to push them out to the edge of the widened fenders, but have TONS of clearance. others run the same width and offset on theirs as well. keep in mind that if you are picking up the pattern because you are converting to Porsche brakes, you will add some track width as well.

here is a shot of them on my car:
http://www.thegermanlook.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=962&g2_serialNumber=1

SoCalGL
June 4th 2006, 19:40
O sick Zen I did'nt know you were running thoughs ...they look awesome... see right now i have a stock beam with adjusters and cb drop spindles and i have wheel rub .. the wheels are 15 x 7 centerlines so from what other told me i'd need to narrow the beam 3 inches to get that nice look...

ps. i'm so happy i havenow a picture of what the wheels looking on the car... i was getting kinda scared about how it would look after have to drop 800 on em...:D :D :D

SoCalGL
June 4th 2006, 20:16
actually now that i look at the car more ... its pretty much the exact car i'm trying to build minus the rag top!!!.. this is crazy.... i was going for silver with car carbon fiber running boards, tinted windows etc.....this is awesome