PDA

View Full Version : Carbon fiber

THEBURG
June 13th 2006, 00:13
Remmele-motorsport has some of the nicest parts I've seen anywhere, however; he doesn't ship to the U.S. . Perhaps the thought of a large order would change his mind? I know his stuff is pricey, but you get what you pay for, and some times it's worth the extra coin! Another option is to find someone in France that would be wiling to be the go between. Just a thought.

bow
June 13th 2006, 11:07
what are you looking at maybe i can cut you a deal i can work with cf stuff nothing much bigger than a door panel though.

Lazarus
June 13th 2006, 14:12
im still looking for runningboards la has them but i can only see doing them with a gruppe buy. shipping from the uk costs more than the boards themselves.let me know cause i am interested if you can find some runningboards

bow
June 13th 2006, 15:18
was that post to me?

Lazarus
June 13th 2006, 15:28
you had said you couldnt do anything bigger than door panels. i guess if you can get runningboards then sure.

Carbon Joe
June 13th 2006, 15:37
I might be able to do a group buy on some running boards.

bow
June 13th 2006, 15:52
ill let carbon joe handle those if you wouold like some smaller part let me know

Panelfantastic
June 13th 2006, 15:55
Joe? You dabbling in carbon again? Thought you gave us crazies up for higher pursuits?

Jeff-

volkdent
June 13th 2006, 16:40
I'm sorry, did I hear "carbon fiber W decklid".....?;)

Jason

Lazarus
June 13th 2006, 16:59
joe that would be fabulous. also i sent you a pm.

volkdent
June 13th 2006, 19:57
Ooops, I forgot to mention I'd like a set too, of the running boards that is.

Jason

THEBURG
June 13th 2006, 23:39
Ask, and you shall receive! Joe, Count me in, and if you get a wild hare ( and enough pre-sales) would you concider a run of, oh, lets say, everything that can be replaced on a bug?:D

75_1303
June 14th 2006, 08:28
Looking for headlight rings and running boards also.

super vw
June 14th 2006, 10:17
HI jack.... it would be great if Joe would contact me about getting that 911 dash done, after two years...

bow
June 14th 2006, 16:02
oh man joe your got ur self into a pickle.

Carbon Joe
June 14th 2006, 22:03
Joe? You dabbling in carbon again? Thought you gave us crazies up for higher pursuits?

Jeff-

I'm thinking about it, my higher pursuits are done.

HI jack.... it would be great if Joe would contact me about getting that 911 dash done, after two years...

Yes, and also trying to get the 911 dash going.

Panelfantastic
June 15th 2006, 12:40
Cool! Can't wait to see what you get going.

Jeff-

volkdent
June 16th 2006, 15:01
Joe, any interest in doing a new version of a Kamei style front spoiler? I think it could be done more modern and more GL than the shape currently available.

Jason

boblebaard
June 17th 2006, 18:26
Joe, if you read this, I would also be interessted in a Kamei front spoiler in blye CF if possible.
The other products I have from you have a fantastic fit! :agree:

THEBURG
June 18th 2006, 23:55
So has anyone heard from Joe? I was hoping to get some interest going on a group buy for C/F parts, soooooo..............?

super vw
June 19th 2006, 00:48
nope... not in many months

Jonathan

oasis
June 19th 2006, 08:04
So has anyone heard from Joe?
Five days ago. See Post #16 above.

Carbon Joe
June 19th 2006, 12:35
Joe, any interest in doing a new version of a Kamei style front spoiler? I think it could be done more modern and more GL than the shape currently available.

Jason
Jason,
Maybe, got any pics?

So has anyone heard from Joe? I was hoping to get some interest going on a group buy for C/F parts, soooooo..............?

What parts are you looking for? Allot of this group buy thing depends on if I can get the cloth. There is a huge shortage of CF in the world right now and the cost has tripled sense the last time I ordered. I know colors are going to be hard to get and if I can get them the prices are almost four times what I was paying.

nope... not in many months Jonathan

Email sent, still need to finish up the other half of the mold.

THEBURG
June 19th 2006, 23:42
Good to hear from you Joe, I was begining to wonder. I don't know about the rest of the folks here, but what I'm looking for is paintable quality parts. I'll leave the bling to the ricers, thank you. So do you have an idea what the costs may be for a given part, and what parts can you make?

zen
June 20th 2006, 08:56
good to hear you may be back joe! glad the rest of things have been sorted out. even just bulk group buy items would probably make a bunch of people in the states happy. welcome back!

boblebaard
June 20th 2006, 18:15
Thanks for the quick reply Joe. Could you pleas empty your inbox so I can contact you? ;)

Carbon Joe
June 20th 2006, 21:55
Good to hear from you Joe, I was begining to wonder. I don't know about the rest of the folks here, but what I'm looking for is paintable quality parts. I'll leave the bling to the ricers, thank you. So do you have an idea what the costs may be for a given part, and what parts can you make?

I can make just about anything but what I'm not making is fenders or hoods. As far as paintable parts and clear coated parts the cost is the same because they use the same amount of carbon.

good to hear you may be back joe! glad the rest of things have been sorted out. even just bulk group buy items would probably make a bunch of people in the states happy. welcome back!

Thanks Zen, I think you wanted me to make something "cool" for you at one time. Still want it???

Thanks for the quick reply Joe. Could you pleas empty your inbox so I can contact you? ;)

Sorry, box is now empty.

aceracer24
June 22nd 2006, 13:53
what I'm not making is fenders or hoods.

This is truely a bummer. The first time i saw your site (when it was up :P) I saw the CF hood and I knew I wanted that. At the time I didn't have a bug. Now I have had 2 since then and have been actively searching for a CF hood and you were the only one that I knew made them...only to find out you quit the buis... :( I hope you change your mind about the hood one of these days because I really want one.

Carbon Joe
June 22nd 2006, 22:08
I hope you change your mind about the hood one of these days because I really want one.

At todays cost for carbon I wouldn't sell a hood for less then $1000.00 now if it's a decklid you want, I still have the mold. But I'm still waiting for some cloth.

Bug@5speed(US)
June 22nd 2006, 23:01
Joe

Would you consider doing some parts in Fiberglass vs KF?

Just a thought, specially that dash :)
Alex

aceracer24
June 22nd 2006, 23:10
At todays cost for carbon I wouldn't sell a hood for less then $1000.00 now if it's a decklid you want, I still have the mold. But I'm still waiting for some cloth.

I figured that was about what it would cost for a hood. The deck lid would be cool too but I would rather save up for the hood. I can't imagine the deck lid costing to much less then the hood.

volkdent
June 23rd 2006, 00:25
[QUOTE=Carbon Joe]Jason,
Maybe, got any pics?
QUOTE]

I'm going to have to develop it myself. The artistic part takes some time, it's much faster to just copy! So, when I get my fiberglass one made up, I'll holler at ya about the idea of a "carbon copy"!!!! Hhaahhhhha, I kill myself.

Jason

THEBURG
June 23rd 2006, 02:18
[QUOTE=Carbon Joe]I can make just about anything but what I'm not making is fenders or hoods. As far as paintable parts and clear coated parts the cost is the same because they use the same amount of carbon.

A deck lid for my '63 and some running boards would be nice. To bad about the fenders though, really could use those! What I meant about the "paintable parts" is, they don't have to be optically perfect, as i'm going to paint them.

Mikey
June 23rd 2006, 02:26
I'll holler at ya about the idea of a "carbon copy"!!!! Hhaahhhhha, I kill myself.

Jason
:laugh: Funny, funny people...

Welcome back Carbon Joe. :agree:

zen
June 29th 2006, 20:08
Thanks Zen, I think you wanted me to make something "cool" for you at one time. Still want it???

yes! was just chatting with No_H2O about that last night. would love to get one. let me know what you need from me.

also, i am pulling together some contest prizes for...er, something people will find out about soon...but i will tell you early ;). let me know if you can assist. doesn't have to be anything extravagant. no biggy if you can't. you are already lining up to be a busy man again. :D

kafercup
July 15th 2006, 12:08
Wow!! Joe is back! :)

I'm very interested in a decklid (late model style) and bumpers to add to my pile of Carbon Joe CF parts :D

chug_A_bug
July 24th 2006, 23:54
ahhhh this is sooo sweet I'm forsure starting to save up for some part :)

thanks Joe

and welcome back:laugh:

69GL
72 daily driver
93 Nissan pickup

chug_A_bug
September 11th 2006, 00:41
hey Mr carbon Joe how's it going? well I just wanted to see how much a set of carbon fiber headlight rings would be? and bumpers if you still make these part? thanks pm me

Carbon Joe
September 11th 2006, 09:59
chug_A_bug,
PM sent.

SuperRSi
September 29th 2006, 17:31
What about gauges in your running boards?

Thanks,
Randy

vwboy72bug
October 24th 2006, 21:47
so joe, are you still dabbling in kevlar? any kind of discount if the CF is supplied by the buyer?

btw- i bought a front spoiler from you over a year ago and am happy to report that it still looks as good as the day you made it and i couldn't be happier with it.

LLVWGL
October 25th 2006, 01:55
I am also interested in a Kamei style front spoiler. Let us know!

Carbon Joe
October 25th 2006, 13:41
so joe, are you still dabbling in kevlar? any kind of discount if the CF is supplied by the buyer?

btw- i bought a front spoiler from you over a year ago and am happy to report that it still looks as good as the day you made it and i couldn't be happier with it.

Thanks, as for the discount I'm not sure. What parts your you interested in?

I am also interested in a Kamei style front spoiler. Let us know!

I can make you a spoiler, send me email and we'll talk.