PDA

View Full Version : Rear torsion adjusters

bugsoup
August 7th 2002, 20:04
Has anyone installed rear torsion adjusters that mount in the middle of the tube? I'd like to install one but I'm not sure whether it's worth the trouble. Also, If someone has done it already, it would be a perfect topic for a tech article when that gets up and running. :D :D

Superman
August 11th 2002, 04:34
In all my days I've never even heard of those :confused:

vujade
August 11th 2002, 09:23
they are made by sway away...

bugsoup
August 11th 2002, 10:05
I think they are made by SAW. There are a few places that sell them, but the adjusters are mostly used for offroaders who want to have more control of the ride height. I don't see why it wouldn't work to lower a road car . I'm considering these because I'm installing early aluminum (from an '86 944) semi trailing arms, but the SAW adjustable spring plates won't fit. The center mounted units are side to side adjustable so it won't be a compromise.

bren
August 12th 2002, 07:56
heres a pic from the swayaway website:

http://www.swayaway.com/Images/RearrTorsAdj_center1.jpg

"torsion bars. These units can be welded into a rear torsion housing or can be ordered with your new chassis. The removable adjusting arms are manufactured from alloy steel and are heat treated to full strength. Adjustment is as simple as turning a screw, one for each side allowing easy changes in ride height and cornering weights. These units are available in the strong standard design or the stronger King Kong racing version. Our 40 Tooth Torsion Center is designed for replacement of that
worn out stock center or can be used in new custom car construction where adjustability is not needed. Welds into place. "