PDA

View Full Version : t-3 brakes on a 73 irs super

bow
August 10th 2006, 23:09
hi all,

i have a 73 super and i want late t-3 brakes on the back because im gettin disks in the front. so my question can i just bolt up t3 brakes to my super? i've got a good deal on some and i kinda want to buy them because i've heard that they have better stopping power than stock bug drums.

any help would be great, bow

bow
August 11th 2006, 23:05
any help please all i really want to know is will if give me avanced stopping power

Steve C
August 12th 2006, 09:09
Hi

Its great upgrade. They bolt straight on, you must use the backing plates as well.

Steve

bow
August 12th 2006, 12:27
ok thanks i got a set for the back and some front airkewled "bad" disks are those any good

Steve C
August 13th 2006, 09:41
Hi

Im not sure what you mean by the front disk type?

Steve

bow
August 13th 2006, 12:56
its the disk seires from airkewled.com

oasis
August 14th 2006, 02:09
By all accounts when I did my investigating, the Type 3 drums on the rear is a good upgrade (even though I went with rear disks). I would spend the few dollars more and get the TopLine front disks, though, over the Airkewld.

I fully understand the concept of a tight budget but we are talking brakes here. There are lots of interesting choices with vastly different price points. I think cutting corners beyond the cost TopLine's front disks is foolish. My opinion only.

bow
August 14th 2006, 18:45
ok thanks for the pointer also should i convert my master cyclender when i do this conversion?

oasis
August 15th 2006, 00:18
I didn't need to. I didn't need a proportioning valve either.