PDA

View Full Version : upgrade master

chug_A_bug
August 27th 2006, 21:22
hey I'm looking to help out my disc upgrade I was thinking of just puttinga bigger master on but what would work best?? and with using stock pedals too
thanks.

oh I"m going to put on steel braded lines too on all 4's
just need a hard pedal and a good feel

64bug
August 29th 2006, 01:17
csp has some nice units

chug_A_bug
August 29th 2006, 03:14
CSP??:confused:

Syncronaut
August 29th 2006, 08:13
CSP - Custom & Speed Parts. German company, with an office in the US (CA), called Classic & Speed Parts...

http://www.classicandspeedparts.com/s/

--
Gorm

flat
August 29th 2006, 10:43
hey I'm looking to help out my disc upgrade I was thinking of just puttinga bigger master on but what would work best??

I don't mean to rain on the parade, but why? What is your brake system?

The majority of brake upgrades work perfectly well with the stock dual circuit MC. A larger MC just increases the pedal effort required. There are some cases when you need the bigger MC though.

Lanner

chug_A_bug
August 29th 2006, 11:55
hey well it's for my girlfriends 72 Std and she is not use to not having a brake booster and I just thought that there might be something that would help her feel safer ;) the pedal feels fine to me though

flat
August 29th 2006, 13:29
So, you have disks in the front and drums out back? Just make sure everything is in top shape (pad thickness, disk thickness, rear drum diameter and shoe thickness). One thing that makes a huge difference is to make sure your shoes are adjusted right 'up'. It takes a while to adjust the shoes, because after working the star actutator, go back into the car and pump the pedal a couple times. Then adjust again on the star. Pump the pedal again and back to the star...you get the ideal. Eventually, the pedal will be very tall, and life willbe good. But overall, it'll never feel the same as a boosted car.
Since drum brakes are self-energizing and disks are not, you actually have a lighter pedal with 4 wheel drums.

Increasing your MC size will just make it worse, since you'll really have to lean on the pedal to make the car stop.

Lanner

KAFUR1
August 31st 2006, 17:05
I used a 944 n/a master cylinder off a 85 and i had no probs just got longer bolts ....:laugh:

The Pirate
September 4th 2006, 12:55
I am bolting 944 disk brakes all way round my 74 super. Is there any way to fit a power brake set up? As it is the stock location offers no room for such an upgrade.