PDA

View Full Version : We have the power, now we need it to handle and stop

Mark the canuck
September 2nd 2006, 15:04
Lanner

I got 150rwhp and 155lbs torque out of a 2.6L type 4 and that was with fuel problems above 3100rpm. (I’ll post the specs at the bottom) It will lay rubber in any gear but 1st is useless and although the Raby stage 2 tranny is strong, it runs out poop (and revs too high) after 80mph.
With tuning (and a Holley pump/reg) we hope to be around 170rwhp.

The handling and braking is down right scary.
It is a flared speedster kit and has ghia discs in front, empi kit (sucks) in rear and a stock MC. 205/50-15 Yoko’s on Fuchs
CB spindles, caster shims, KYB gr2’s and no sway bar on the front, swing axle, SAW spring plates, kafer brace and KYB whites on the rear.
An alignment made it worse.

The budget does have a limit but is quite healthy. We want the Fuchs look, but may dump them for 16’s if we need to get brakes in there. We are also so wondering if IRS would help and are thinking of doing a Porsche 5-speed tranny. (We also are keeping the chassis VW based, no tube-frame or A-arms etc.)

SO what would you do???

The engine…

RAT DTM
RAT 78mm crank
RAT rods
RAT cam and some of the valve train
RAT pump
LN 103mm Nickies and JE slugs
LN ceramic lifters
LN ARP head and case studs

Mark Aircooled 914 2.0 44X38mm superheads
Mark Aircooled custom "over the top" sidewinder 4 into 1 1-3/4 header.
44mm Weber’s and Mark custom linkage for the DTM
Mallory unilight
German bearings and seals
KEP stage 2 PP and 6 puck disc
Full balance

RAT stage 2 tranny

Cheers Mark

Mark the canuck
September 2nd 2006, 15:24
Make a plan and price...We are very serious, I'll do the work OR you can do the work...I don't care. It's a "git 'er done" cash out the door deal. We would also need some type of timeline (aprox), he's OK but he likes things done ASAP. He most likely will like to drive it for another month. but then he'll want it done.

Phone me at 1-905-797-2677 or let me know here the best time to call you or by PM or email mhenry69@sympatico.ca