PDA

View Full Version : 3 bar kafer cup brace

Bad bug
September 3rd 2006, 13:31
How strong is the 3 bar cup brace in holding a 2.9ltr type 4 engine

Mark the canuck
September 4th 2006, 10:50
Got one on a 2.6, ripped the stock rubber mounts off..replaced with red urathane mounts. So far so good.

Sandeep
September 4th 2006, 13:48
I am not sure how strong it is but when you connect it to the frame horns and the shock towers, it makes these items very rigid. If you hit any one of these items with a hammer after installing, you get a very solid sounding ring.

I have one installed along with a porsche 901 5 speed .. it holds my 2.0 T4 turbo running at 17 psi with no problems ... I can spin tires in 1st, 2nd and part of 3rd ... no wheel hop, no flexing .... all I hear is squaking tires.

It also makes your whole rear end stiffer. I had to go down a few notches on my adjustable rear sway bar to keep the back end planted during "spirited" driving.

With the red urethane gearbox mounts it makes the car noisier ...

Sandeep

zeroaxe
September 4th 2006, 19:09
It also makes your whole rear end stiffer.
Sandeep

Are you referring to 'clenching' or the car's suspension?

:laugh:

Bad bug
September 4th 2006, 20:35
I really would like to have a five bar for my bug but aircooled.net don't seem to have any. Does vdub enginerring have any.

Mikey
September 5th 2006, 03:05
I really would like to have a five bar for my bug but aircooled.net don't seem to have any. Does vdub enginerring have any.

Yes he does sell a 5-bar kit. I have one. I'd reconmend Vdub Engineering over the ac.net stuff.

Also see www.vdubengineering.com for pricing.

Bad bug
September 5th 2006, 21:04
Can you show me photos of your setup.