PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a bodyshop int he GTA

Alex
September 24th 2006, 01:11
Hi guys,

I am looking for a good bodyshop in Oakville, Mississauga, Burlington or Etobicoke for my upcoming project.
The car needs to be welded and painted.

I good work but it should be payable...so don ot mention Legendary Motor Company in Milton ;-).

I have all the sheet metal that will be needed.

I also need some help to pick up my NSU in Niagara at the end of October. I need a car with a hitch and a trailor.

Thanks,
Alex

Sandeep
September 24th 2006, 09:13
Alex,

I had my fenders painted at Phoenix Autobody in Brampton - Paul is the contact. He has a '57 ragtop that he completely restored and I beleive he owns the shop. He quoted my a cost and told me when the fenders would be painted - he did them on time and for the quoted amount.

I don't have a car with a hitch but depending on when you go to pick it up, I'll come along for the ride.

Sandeep

Glock
September 24th 2006, 17:27
:agree: May I recommend

Eurodesign
http://www.eurodesigncanada.com/
RR #4
Acton, Ontario #12867 (Hwy #25 N)
Phone: 519.853.8989
eurodesign@msn.com
Ask for Mike

Alex
September 25th 2006, 19:26
Brampton and Acton......

I think that might be a bit far for me. I will call them anyways when the car is here and see what they have to say.

Thanks and keep the recommendations coming.

Alex

ajracer
September 25th 2006, 19:44
Alex:

Give me a call sometime next month and maybe I can
swing by and pick-up your NSU motor for you on my
return monthly trips to Niagara Falls, NY. Geez I might
even get some gas money ?

Allan Mayhew

(416) 494-5004 home
(416) 493-0050 work

Alex
September 25th 2006, 20:03
Allan,

it is not just a motor....it is the entire car.

Alex

Rob
September 27th 2006, 17:12
Allan,

it is not just a motor....it is the entire car.

Alex

NSU ? NSU ? As in :

http://static.flickr.com/114/254358215_12522d22a2.jpg

SCHWEET !
My uncle had an NSU Prinz, cool cars !

Let me know when you have it, gotta see that one.

Rob.

Alex
September 27th 2006, 23:44
That is it!

Can't wait,

Alex

Rob
September 28th 2006, 07:35
Nice man.
Let me know when you got it, I would love to see it.
How did you find it ? Is it in good shape ?

These are the ones with the rotary engine arent they ? Is it a TT ?

:cool:

Rob.

Alex
September 28th 2006, 11:39
I actually got a TTS. Same as TT with more power. The engine is an aircooled inline 1300cc 4 banger. The rotary engine was used in the RO80 and sport prinz and prinz convertible if I am not mistaken.

Will let you know when I have it. It is a project though. It needs some welding and paint. It has been sandblasted and primed with Epoxy already.

Alex

Glock
October 3rd 2006, 16:52
Alex , if he car can be put on a dolly I can prolly tow it home for you. U haul tells me I need a CVOR sticker to pull a tandem axel now.....:mad:

Alex
October 12th 2006, 12:12
I needs to go on a proper trailor. The car is already in parts....so it is only a shell and parts. Maybe a U-Haul truck would be a good idea.

I would need some hands to carry it though ;-)

Alex

flat
October 12th 2006, 12:20
Alex,

I'd like to tag along if I could, just to see the other cars. I've got a guy with a trailer this Saturday going to Johns swap meet in Niagara falls. I'm sure he could be convinced ($$) to do the 'deed'.

Lanner

Alex
October 12th 2006, 19:25
I can not do this Saturday. I have to go a wedding and I will be there all day since I am a member of the party.
I will let you know when I go.

Too bad,

Alex

Rob
October 14th 2006, 17:01
Alex, let me know when you end up picking up the car, would love to come along.

Rob.

Alex
October 16th 2006, 23:20
Well....
it will this coming Saturday or the Saturday after. Transport will be a cube van (16ft) from U-Haul I guess....this way the weather will not matter that much. I will need some help though....I know that Lanner already wated to come ;-). The shell needs to carried into the van and then into my garage.

Let the project begin!!!!!!!

BTW....Pete...I need your carbon guy. I have some air scoops that needs a CF layer ;-)

Alex

petevw
October 19th 2006, 17:38
BTW....Pete...I need your carbon guy. I have some air scoops that needs a CF layer ;-)

Alex

If your working tonight call me. Night shift this week.:(

kafer
December 12th 2006, 12:36
Hi Alex,
i am wondering why you are not using Dan at Trotter's again for paint/bodywork. After your recommendation, i used him to redo my 1967 T1, and he did an excellent job.

Dave A

Alex
January 1st 2007, 21:57
Well...
Dan was not the guy working on my car and it did take forever for them to work on my car. I was happy with the work they did but I thought something closer would be nice. Well....now the car is in Niagara and the guy working on it did several NSUs and is a friend of the guy who sold me the NSU.
It is very good for me that the car ended up there because the original owner knows NSU TTs inside out so if the body man has questions he can ask him directly. On top of that he can use his dolly which makes everything easier and hopefully better. He does restorations as a side job and is very ggod and reasonable as well.

Alex