PDA

View Full Version : porsche gt3 RS

typ4boy
October 3rd 2006, 11:45
on my 1302 crcuit racer, are these the biggest brakes youve seen on a bug?http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/lard_1968/DSC01023.jpg~original

Tedzbug
October 3rd 2006, 15:21
the question i have is that, for such a light car.... Are thesy sized for the car or just the biggest brakes that fit in the wheel?

Do they need to be so big, i mean it takes alot of rubber to keep from locking those up everytime you get a little jumpy on the brakes....?

typ4boy
October 3rd 2006, 15:31
front rims are 8x18, car will have serious power, yes its light but we need to stop on the circuit as late as possable.

64bug
October 4th 2006, 00:03
Make sure you strap your head to the headrest...:)

volkdent
October 4th 2006, 00:25
NICE!

Jason

Phat73VW
October 4th 2006, 01:46
Do you have any more pics of that car? I am about to paint my 73 and would like to see more pics of that car in detail paint wise if you have any! Im digging the brake setup too!!:agree:

typ4boy
October 4th 2006, 05:18
yes there are more pics in my forum below...... LA Perfromance.

Panelfantastic
October 4th 2006, 14:55
Dayum. Emphasis on the yum.

Jeff-

Typ Vier
October 10th 2006, 19:45
Nice Brake, any detailed pictures of the caliper bracket available? BTW the brake disc on the picture should be on the left side ;)

super vw
October 10th 2006, 21:55
Nice Brake, any detailed pictures of the caliper bracket available? BTW the brake disc on the picture should be on the left side ;)

For sure... but not always, from our supplyers we get only left or only right rotors at times. Sure is annoying, but somtimes you just have to deal with it.
You wont notice any performance difference with a "drilled" rotor... a sloted rotor you may.

Very clean looking project, i think those stopers will be fine assuming you have all your ratios worked out well.

marco the T.S.E
December 23rd 2006, 13:14
For sure... but not always, from our supplyers we get only left or only right rotors at times. Sure is annoying, but somtimes you just have to deal with it.
You wont notice any performance difference with a "drilled" rotor... a sloted rotor you may.

Very clean looking project, i think those stopers will be fine assuming you have all your ratios worked out well.

there is a diferent, but only when you are realy using the brakes on the limit(getting the disks hot) there sided because it uses the vented part of the disk as a fan to pass air thruogh the disk to keep it cool. If there both left disks the disk that on the right side of the car will fade first!

chug_A_bug
December 23rd 2006, 16:16
VERY NICE wish I had them :D would also like to see more pics :)

Chris.