PDA

View Full Version : November Meeting

Alex
October 22nd 2006, 02:18
Time to schedule that Nov meet at the bar!!!!!

I can only make it on the 14th. It is the only Tuesday I do not work.

So who is up for a beer or two at the bar on the 14th of November?

Alex

petevw
October 22nd 2006, 15:14
14th sounds good. I'll be there.

Sandeep
October 23rd 2006, 12:35
I've got the 14th penciled in for the meet.

I have received the VF39 turbo (STI, 300 HP) today :D Now I just need some 55 lb/hr injectors to complete the transformation ... looking for 250 RWHP @ 17 psi :eek:

Allan,

If you are going to be there, I'll bring the cash for the 1" spacers.

Sandeep

Glock
October 23rd 2006, 13:44
I like beer!I should be there

CLKWRK
October 23rd 2006, 16:52
ill be there, I can bring the T4 case if you want Chug a Bug, btw which one did you want?
Bry

chug_A_bug
October 24th 2006, 07:14
hey CLKWRK that would be great, but my bugs not on the road :(
but I would love just to go for the beer and talk with ya guys let me know if that's cool, and Brain I would love the 2.0L case too :) that would be great :)

Alex
October 24th 2006, 21:05
Cool.....so I will actually see you guys again.

BTW...the pick up of my car needed to be rescheduled. It will be Saturday the 4th of November. Need 2 guys to help me. Lanner....are you still coming with me?

Alex

chug_A_bug
October 25th 2006, 19:01
hey Alex it's my Bday that day and I have it off if you still need help I'm in but I don't have a truck or anything just my 2 hands :)

petevw
October 26th 2006, 03:21
I would love just to go for the beer and talk with ya guys let me know if that's cool

:agree:

So, what do you think the temp will be? Will i have to wear a ski mask and gloves to bring the super?

chug_A_bug
October 26th 2006, 06:47
lol I always wear a t-shirt and shorts I don't get cold till about -20ish :)

CLKWRK
October 26th 2006, 11:05
i got heat!! :D

chug_A_bug
October 26th 2006, 20:24
sweet I'm there, but one thing... where is there?? and what time?? and CLKWRK can you bring the 2.0L case with you :) I will grashisly take that off your hands :) so I can start my motor and have it down by summer :)

CLKWRK
October 26th 2006, 20:35
Ya ill bring it, ill be in the black A4 or 911, heres a map

"We will meet every 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Duck and Firkin (or so) at Ford Drive and Royal Windsor at 7:30 PM.

Directions:

Coming from TO on QEW:
Exit at Ford Drive and go south (left) on Ford Drive.
Stay on Ford Drive until you pass Royal Windsor. The bar is on your right in that little strip mall.

Coming from Hamilton on QEW:
Exit at Royal Windsor and follow the street. You will pass the Ford plant on your left. Once you get to Ford Drive make a right. you will see the bar on your right hand side.

Coming from Brampton on 403:
Exit at Upper Middle Road/ Ford Drive. Make a right on Upper Middle Road. At the next light make a left on Ford Drive. Continue on Ford Drive until you pass Royal Windsor. You will see the bar on your right.

The bar is located on the other site of the Petro Canada gas station which is located on the south/east corner of Ford Drive and Royal Windsor."

Parking is in front of the bar or around there ( its not a big place)

Bry

chug_A_bug
October 26th 2006, 20:56
sweet thanks Bri hehe but you forgot or I forgot to ask what's the name of the pub? and where to park??

CLKWRK
October 26th 2006, 21:02
updated my last message to include more stats

Sandeep
October 27th 2006, 10:32
The name of the pub has changed .. I can't remember what it is though. Its an english style pub with an outdoor patio, black steel railings on the patio. I think there is a "hasty market" or "Macs" type of store right next to it in the strip mall.

I'll be driving a Green Honda Accord EXR with heat :D

Sandeep

petevw
October 28th 2006, 01:07
Heat? I'll trade a little heat for the bark of TB's. This is the best time of year, tons of power!

Now if its cold enough to turn the oil to slush, i'll come in a car with heated seats!:laugh:

IXLR8
October 28th 2006, 11:31
:mad:

That's kinda far for me to drive for a beer! :)

petevw
October 28th 2006, 19:25
Alabama! If you make it down, it's on me!

That also goes for any other GL'r outside of our province.:haveadrin

big daddy
November 2nd 2006, 15:18
Finally guys :bawling: I'll be there. I 've been trying to attend since last year and this one wont miss me. See you all soooooooon, who ever doesn't know me i will see you too.

petevw
November 12th 2006, 23:19
This Tuesday:haveadrin

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/petevw/europe/euro2751.jpg~original

chug_A_bug
November 13th 2006, 08:42
I can't WAIT :) and CLKWRK can you still bring that 2.0L T4 case :) and you still want the same $$ for it ?? thanks

CLKWRK
November 13th 2006, 10:59
fitty bucks, tuesday

Sandeep
November 13th 2006, 11:08
Allan,

Are you coming ? Are you bringing the spacers ? I'll have cash in hand.

Sandeep

Alex
November 14th 2006, 17:25
See you tonight :-)

Sandeep
November 14th 2006, 18:58
I'll be there about 8pm ... just got my shiny new 57 lb/hr injectors in the mail :D

Sandeep

CLKWRK
November 14th 2006, 18:59
Ill be there at 8pm too (ill bring the case, chug)

Bry

chug_A_bug
November 15th 2006, 01:07
hey guys just like to say thanks for the great night :) leans some stuff got WOWED from sandeeps care just hear about it :) and big daddy we need to see come pics of that motor dude and hoping for the best that the test run gos well too :) now that I got my NEW (old) Case thanks Bry what should I clean it with and, Bry and Lanner what were you talking about with the internal oilcool and it needing to be machened off?? and do you know a good machen shop? I knwo nothing on what are the good part and what parts to use.

thanks
Chris.

petevw
November 15th 2006, 02:19
Argh.... I knew it! The one i couldn't make at the last minute and everyone showed! At work one of the robots puked at 2:30pm almost at the end of my shift, had to stay late almost doing a double shift. :mad: I also had the bug with me.

Sounds like you guys had a good meet. Highlights?

CLKWRK
November 15th 2006, 11:08
Hey Chug,

Steve at MPS (416-252-0866) builds my engines, he can hook you up if you are looking for someone local in Etobikoke.

Basically you need to get a jug of varisol and an old container with a brush and clean the grime off that case. I would pull the old studs off first, then open and clean the oil passages and tap them for the aluminum plugs.

I was checking if the oil presure releif plunger thingy was still there, if not I have it for you. I also have more type 4 hardware and stuff if you need it, plus a nice set if vanagon square port heads that i was going to rebuild, it depends what you plan on doing with your engine.

Bry

petevw
November 15th 2006, 16:51
Motor in the Ghia? Running?

CLKWRK
November 15th 2006, 17:27
Hey,

ya its in there and running, im going to pull it this winter and get it refreshed while i do my c2 tail maybe flares in the rear and a respray.

Bry

Glock
November 15th 2006, 20:05
Chug here is that single cab I was telling you about http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=384460

Good meet last night.!:agree:

chug_A_bug
November 15th 2006, 23:54
hey Glock thats sweet take a look at these:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/chug_A_bug/20092003222033.jpg~original

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/chug_A_bug/30122003084306.jpg~original

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/chug_A_bug/24447.jpg~original

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/chug_A_bug/Natspics138.jpg~original

chug_A_bug
November 16th 2006, 00:27
Hey Chug,

Steve at MPS (416-252-0866) builds my engines, he can hook you up if you are looking for someone local in Etobikoke.

Basically you need to get a jug of varisol and an old container with a brush and clean the grime off that case. I would pull the old studs off first, then open and clean the oil passages and tap them for the aluminum plugs.

I was checking if the oil presure releif plunger thingy was still there, if not I have it for you. I also have more type 4 hardware and stuff if you need it, plus a nice set if vanagon square port heads that i was going to rebuild, it depends what you plan on doing with your engine.

Bry

hey thanks for that # I'll give them a call
ok that's easy to clean then just some time, it's all good but these oil passages what size tap and can I put them in or does the machen shop have to do that? I really no nothing about engines this will be my first VW I have done a chev 350 B4 so I understand the connsept of it all I just don't know what to use has in parts I knwo that I want a really torque monster and then way down the road make it AWD :) tube Chassese.

big daddy
November 16th 2006, 17:39
Hey Chug nice meeting ya, wicked name. I would love to post some pic's of my little project by I cannot remember the site to upload to.:rolleyes: Regarding your engine build I am sure we can share a little with ya. First thing first have a budget and try your best to stick to it. Research research and more research. Dude ask lots of questions dont hesitate to call me anytime if you need some help.

BIG DADDY OUTTTttttttttttttttt........

chug_A_bug
November 17th 2006, 14:58
hey big daddy how's it going? well you can use photobucket to upload pics
if you don't want to sign up I can give you my user name and password so you can upload your pics :)