PDA

View Full Version : Guaging Interest: Group Buy on Low Profile Oil Pan

Bug@5speed(US)
November 1st 2006, 23:20
To everyone,

At this point trying to guage interest in this particular part. Martin has agreed to offer a 10% discount on the Oil Pan Group Buy if we can make this happen.

Requirements: In order to make this happen will need at least 5 orders.

There will be a 2 month delay since this will be a fresh batch..

The Oil Pan, is for those persuing subaru EJ conversions.

Details:
-EJ 2.0, 2.2 and 2.5 blocks
-The sump is sandcasted like all our other parts.
-The capacity of oil is 4,25 litres (thatīs only 0,25 less than original). If you shorten an original sump you loose about a 1 litre.
-It is very stabile (you can put a hydraulic lifter under it and lift the car), so nothing happens if the car is low and the sump hits the floor). If you have the original sump, thatīs virtually impossible.
-The cooling properties are much better than with the original one. Water temperature is reduced by about 10 degrees Celsius, if you switch from original to the bug@5Speed sump.
-The pick-up tube inside the sump must be modified (shortened). But thatīs no big deal. Anyone who does such a project will easily handle this task.
-The original dipstick can be used, but must be shortened a little.

Again, more details to come on price, payment, and timeframe.
Price will be approximately 400 ball park plus shipping to your door..
If you have questions or are potentially interested let me know
Take care
Alex

SuperRSi
November 1st 2006, 23:56
Are we talking a real two month delay? I first started trying to buy one of these on April 2 and missed all batches in between? Check the posts to you on a pan. When will they for sure be ready?

Thanks,
Randy

Bugat5speed
November 2nd 2006, 10:59
Randy,

never received an order from you. As the request was not very high in the past I only had sumps casted for orders placed before. As requests have increased siginificantly I will have a little stock of these sumps from spring on. At the moment I can only confirm what Alex told you. Leadtime for casting is about 6 weeks after order. Machining is another 4-6 weeks. My CNC-suppliers have a lot to do since this year. Economy and especially machine-building has become much better during this year. The result is , that I have leadtimes from up to 8 weeks at the moment, where I had 3 weeks in the last year. Might be so, that I will have my own milling center from next year on. Then everything will become better.

So if you like one, please go the suggested way. Canīt offer you one at the moment. The last batch was sold long before I had them on my workbench.

Martin

SuperRSi
November 2nd 2006, 15:34
Good Luck.

Thanks,
Randy

Hoghead
November 4th 2006, 04:56
I was going to shorten the stock sump, and weld side "wings" like a Moroso pan on SB Chevs.

Cast would be nice, and I am intrested depending on cost. Delivery is not an issue to me and I am awaiting shipment of the engine now.

Got a pic?

Robert

Bug@5speed(US)
November 4th 2006, 23:23
Hog,
I will send you pics.. to the email you gave me..

Will be working out the specifics this week.. cost, delivery ect..

VR
Alex