PDA

View Full Version : hi mate

buggyboyshane
November 16th 2006, 19:51
ive got a set of boxster 2003 red 4pot calipers and drilled disks as well as rear brake internals, im looking to put full set up on a link pin/ swing axle oval.

any advice.... i hear your the man to ask??

flat
November 20th 2006, 16:21
I'm assuming you have the Boxster S setup:

Rear, Use 924S rear backingplates (steel ones) with all the ebrake goodies and hubs (with the snout cut down for your short spline). I'm not sure how the boxster ebrake goodies will match up with the 924S backingplate, but Porsche does like to keep it simple, so it will probably work. You'll need my ebrake swans, or you can make up a set. You can use your rear boxster S rotor on that. Then, you need a axial to radial caliper bracket for the Boxster S caliper.

In the front, you can modify the boxster hubs (if you have them) for beetle bearings. Else, you can make up a hub using a cut down drum/disk. Else you can modify late 944 hubs/ I suggest you use dropped disk spindles, or dropped drum spindles that allow the use of 4-bolt drums. You'll need a caliper bracket fabricated to take the boxster radial mount caliper.

Lanner

Bad bug
November 22nd 2006, 19:09
Hi lanner, It's Michael from jamaica. I am still interested in buying the cup brace from you. Sent you an e-mail on clarification of the cost price you quoted me for the brace, is this in US or Canadian.

buggyboyshane
November 25th 2006, 13:18
I'm assuming you have the Boxster S setup:

Rear, Use 924S rear backingplates (steel ones) with all the ebrake goodies and hubs (with the snout cut down for your short spline). I'm not sure how the boxster ebrake goodies will match up with the 924S backingplate, but Porsche does like to keep it simple, so it will probably work. You'll need my ebrake swans, or you can make up a set. You can use your rear boxster S rotor on that. Then, you need a axial to radial caliper bracket for the Boxster S caliper.

In the front, you can modify the boxster hubs (if you have them) for beetle bearings. Else, you can make up a hub using a cut down drum/disk. Else you can modify late 944 hubs/ I suggest you use dropped disk spindles, or dropped drum spindles that allow the use of 4-bolt drums. You'll need a caliper bracket fabricated to take the boxster radial mount caliper.

Lanner

thanks a million mate. i have cb dropped disk spindles and was going to mill down an old disk and remount to the hubs. do you make the caliper brackets front and rear? if so how much?

flat
November 27th 2006, 08:45
I don't have the brackets for the 's' setup (your red set). I can make them up, but I don't have the right boxster parts for mockup.

Lanner

buggyboyshane
November 27th 2006, 09:20
how much would the brackets be?? as for sizes can you tell or show me which dimensions you need i might be able to get them for you, otherways is there anychance you could measure them off something else?

flat
December 5th 2006, 17:45
Rear adaptor brackets would be in the neighbourhood of $C200/pr. Unfortunately, there isn't any other way of designing them except to have the parts infront of me.

Lanner