PDA

View Full Version : Questions about s1fters ride

s1fter
January 1st 1970, 00:00

TOW74
March 23rd 2005, 17:55
Hello s1fter,

My name is Charles. I wanted to know what master cylinder are you using for the 944 brakes, and how does it feel when you are stopping? The reason why I am asking is because I am using the 944 brakes on my 1303 cabrio. Thanks, Charles PEACE!

Jeza
March 23rd 2005, 19:19
Charles

Have a read here
http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=4595

There was a large discussion on the early single pot 944 brakes vs the later 4pots with respect to the master cylinder.

The general verdict was that the single pots require the split bore (23 / 19) 944 master cylinder and the 4 pots are ok with the bug 19mm one.

There are always those that will be different - and s1fter has a variation on this- I'll let him explain it.

Cheers
Jeremy

s1fter
March 24th 2005, 01:01
Hi,

unfortunelatly I have not got my car running yet, (Distractions!!!! Type 2 single cab!!).

I have installed a Suzuki Barina master cylinder as it fitted my aps best, but looking at it, it would not fit in the standard hole, without a lot of mods.

The bore size works out to be about 20mm (It's imperial!) and I will be going from there, as I may get it re: sleeved larger or smaller after I have tested it.

Hope this helps

s1fter