PDA

View Full Version : Kerscher Brakes/Boxter Calipers

knastenrad
January 19th 2007, 20:29
Hi
I have Kerscher brake system fitted om my Type 3 .
Vented disc's in front with Porsche Boxter 4 piston calippers and disc brakes in the rear.
I also have a larger Masterpump from Kerscher.
But..
I have a schematic of how to hook up the brakelines from another kerscher set with 2 piston calipers.
There ,the rearbrakes is conected to the "Front" output of the Masterpump and the frontbrakes to the "Rear" output.

Is this correct with the larger boxter calippers also?
Or must i have the other masterpump that is on the kerscher website to get it work properly.

http://www.kerscher-tuning.de/kaefer/show.php?shopid=116925270912526&gruppe1=Bremsanlagen

Anyone know the reason for why the brakelines are hooked up this opposite way??

http://tangen.nu/linked/dsc02869.jpg

flat
January 21st 2007, 20:45
The beetle master cylinders (MC) have the rear circuit closer to the pushrod. Most of the Porsche MC's have the front closer to the pushrod because they are internally stepped (one circuit has a bigger piston diameter than the other). The Kerscher MS you have must be stepped, hence the front circuit closer to the pushrod, which is generally required to maintain proper brake bias.

Lanner

knastenrad
January 22nd 2007, 19:18
Thx!
From what i can see the Masterpump i have has ca 35kg of force. and the other MAsterpump has 45kg.
So i asume it will work good with the one i have , though i have the 4 piston calipers?

Angelo Amato
July 21st 2008, 06:01
hi,

any update on this system, how does it perform?

have you worked out what m/c it is ??

thanks,

Angelo

knastenrad
July 21st 2008, 07:36
Hi
I have swapped to the Bigger MC from kerscher that is for porsche calipers.
This one gives a very high(and hard pedal) but it works very good.
i hav fitted a valve from WIlwood to the rear circuit ti adjust bias, but it is fully open(no need for adjustment, so far)

Angelo Amato
July 21st 2008, 08:13
That must be the Porsche 944 M/C, stepped 24/19mm

I am running the same on my type 3, but I am running 54mm dia Audi (sliding) calipers front and golf 38mm dia. rear

I had a rear bias valve but with it turned all the way up, Not enough bias to the rear though with my setup, have removed it now to see what it is like.

Angelo

tom'72
July 24th 2008, 14:09
That MC is indeed from a Porsche 944, I just bought one myself to work with my GT3 calipers but it's not installed yet.

evilC
July 25th 2008, 09:26
That must be the Porsche 944 M/C, stepped 24/19mm

I am running the same on my type 3, but I am running 54mm dia Audi (sliding) calipers front and golf 38mm dia. rear

I had a rear bias valve but with it turned all the way up, Not enough bias to the rear though with my setup, have removed it now to see what it is like.

Angelo

I started off with the same system except with the standard 19/19 m/c and 53mm single pot porsche fronts. I had worked out a way of limiting the front pressure by using the wilwood valve in the front line but it was a bit suspect. With the stepped cylinder the 24mm piston effectively reduces the
front line pressure by 38%, which is still nowhere near the 50/50 original split. 4 pot calipers on the rear with single pots up front give a useful rear bias that can be dialed in with the brake bias valve. Alternatively, twin 19mm cylinders with a balance bar is the ultimate set up especially with pull cylinders.

evilC