PDA

View Full Version : Update: Suby Low Profile Exhaust Header

Bug@5speed(US)
February 9th 2007, 00:15
Dear Members,

Just an update, on a forth coming product. Bug@5speed is excited about our new exhaust manifold for subaru motors..

Some features:
- Headers are SS, so their weight is less than the stock header
- Thick flanges to ensure good seal
- Low profile so that ground clearance is not effected when used with our oil sump. Headers do no go below oil sump, ensuring plenty of clearance.

More details to include pics, features and prices coming your way..

Exhaust header will be made for both N/A and Turbo application for all those folks running WRX and STI motors.. additionally, they are not equal length so you don't lose that boxer rumble.

Take care,
ALex

SuperRSi
February 10th 2007, 15:23
Did you say Aluminum header?

Bug@5speed(US)
February 10th 2007, 23:53
Randy I meant to say stainless steel, thanks for catching that.. was late when I got the news, and had a slip of the fingers.

Here are some initial pictures.. most likely will come with a polished finish of some sort... This is the turbo header.

Let me know what you think..
Alex

ricola
February 11th 2007, 05:57
Look nice, I daren't ask the price though!

Bug@5speed(US)
February 11th 2007, 14:23
Ricola, working on the $$ will let you know..

Let me know if this works.. uploading images..

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s56/bugat5speed_US_photos/Kr_mmer_HKS_3.jpg~original

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s56/bugat5speed_US_photos/Kr_mmer_HKS_2.jpg~original

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s56/bugat5speed_US_photos/Kr_mmer_HKS_1.jpg~original

SuperRSi
February 11th 2007, 18:22
Will you make a custom with the turbo flange moved out about six inches to allow the header to be installed "backwards" with the turbo at the pulley end of the engine? The extra room would be to clear the STi cam pulley covers...

Thanks,
Randy

YllwVeeDub
February 12th 2007, 13:20
Alex,

Is there any reason that you have a single tube for each exhaust port that merge to 1 for one side (the side the turbo is not on) and not for the other side?

Bugat5speed
February 19th 2007, 06:26
Hi,

we made the tests on the new header now and here are some details of it.

Power plus of 14 kW
torque plus of 30 Nm

weight minus 8 kg (original header is 13 kg, ours is 5.2 kg). Boxer sound is still the same.

On my car (1303 with Subaru 2.2) we had a 4 in 1 installed. Due to this the typical sound of a Boxer was lost. Revving higher than 4.000 the engine starts to sound like a 4 in line engine. Although this header gives good power too we now decided that we want a header that does not change the typical sound.

Martin
Bug @ 5-Speed

SuperRSi
February 19th 2007, 15:17
Want to build a backwards one....?

Bugat5speed
February 20th 2007, 09:01
Randy,

sorry no "backwards one" planned. We are glad that we finally have this one.

Martin
Bug @ 5-Speed

SuperRSi
February 21st 2007, 19:25
Backwards would require two four to six inch tubes welded in line where you weld the ball swivel and where the short side to the up pipe is welded. Easy to just add I would think while welding it all up.
Or you could just sell me one with two short pieces of the pipe you are using and out comes my bandsaw and TIG.
Let's talk about cost now...
Thanks,
Randy